Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,083  
That is a Tesla Mobile Service truck. Rather than go to a dealer these come to you for most warranty and service work.

One replaced my airbags, and another time the MCU.
The "Geek Squad" for car repair!
Keep going Grump!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,084  
Pickup trucks continue to be the best selling vehicle type in the U.S.

Of course battery car salesmen will still tell you a BEV is the best choice for you, and the majority of Americans 🙄

I drive a pickup, and don't own an EV. But even I will recognize a BEV is probably a better choice for the majority of Americans. 99% of the pickups I see on the road every day are never used for hauling more than groceries, or a few kids to soccer practice.

Popularity has always been a poor measure of suitability. Heck, the Spice Girls were more popular than King Crimson, and Taylor Swift has sold more albums than all of your favorite musicians. Does that make them "the best choice"?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,085  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,086  
I drive a pickup, and don't own an EV. But even I will recognize a BEV is probably a better choice for the majority of Americans. 99% of the pickups I see on the road every day are never used for hauling more than groceries, or a few kids to soccer practice.
But then that trucks hauls trash, appliances, etc when needed. My wife drove a truck most of the time because I was out on the road with the car making a living. At that time more than 2 vehicles was not an option.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,087  
But then that trucks hauls trash, appliances, etc when needed. My wife drove a truck most of the time because I was out on the road with the car making a living. At that time more than 2 vehicles was not an option.
Definitely. I will never be without a truck, myself. But the argument was about "most Americans", and I suspect most who drive a pickup to work everyday only very rarely use it for the hauling capacity.

My parents hauled an awful lot of crap in mom's station wagon, or a trailer towed behind the wagon, they never owned a truck. Most European DIY'ers today will buy a small utility trailer to go behind their car, for occasions when they need to haul something, rather than hauling around an extra 2000 lb. of empty vehicle everywhere they go everyday.

I can afford multiple vehicles, so I keep the truck for when I need to haul stuff, and use other vehicles when I don't. It's not economical, but it I'd rather drive a sporty car than a slow pickup truck, on any sunny day.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,088  
BEV’s….. the best vehicle for the majority of Americans… that’s why tax credits are deemed necessary to help prop up sales
Politicians give away other people's money to buy votes. They don't get my vote but I'll take the money anyway. Same as I'll enjoy samples at Costco but not buy the product.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,089  
Absolute B.S.

Someone already explained depreciation well on this thread the other day. You should do some reading before you keep repeating this lie.
Vehicle depreciation is depreciation of the vehicle. Plain and simple.

Vehicle depreciation has NOTHING to do with if maybe …you’re are eligible for a federal tax credit up to a year later on your yearly taxes.
Depreciation is the difference between the price one can sell used vs the price one can buy new.

The used selling price is less when the new selling price is less. The difference is still the depreciation no matter what adjustments are available for the new price.

$37k vs $41.5k is the comparison, not $49k. Had there not been a Federal adjustment of $7500 on the new price then the used price would be in the $44k range. Used buyers have demonstrated a demand for a $4500 discount over new.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,090  
Definitely. I will never be without a truck, myself. But the argument was about "most Americans", and I suspect most who drive a pickup to work everyday only very rarely use it for the hauling capacity.

My parents hauled an awful lot of crap in mom's station wagon, or a trailer towed behind the wagon, they never owned a truck. Most European DIY'ers today will buy a small utility trailer to go behind their car, for occasions when they need to haul something, rather than hauling around an extra 2000 lb. of empty vehicle everywhere they go everyday.

I can afford multiple vehicles, so I keep the truck for when I need to haul stuff, and use other vehicles when I don't. It's not economical, but it I'd rather drive a sporty car than a slow pickup truck, on any sunny day.
We did that stuff as well, but the truck sure was nice when I came home and had to haul to 2-3 weeks worth of household garbage to the transfer station, or take something to the vet. Now we use an SUV for most things (or the Magnum) and my truck is not registered but ready to go if needed (do use it on my place). However back in the 80/90's a single cab truck was the cheapest you could buy that was not a midget car. I always had a nice car but put near 80K a year on them.
Again I was and still am in minority, living at the end of the power line no electricity past my place for a ways for most of my life. No city/county services (water, sewer, garbage, plowing), not near police, fire or EMS. Just deal with things as they come up.