Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,101  
yes especcially when the others that do the "100% of that EV thinking" , paint themselves into corners or contradict their own EV words....hmmm
At least your posts are good for enhancing interest in EV purchases.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,102  

Sounds smart on Rivian's part.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,103  
80% does not take 30 minutes in recent Tesla models. My 10 year old 2013 Model S would have taken 90 minutes to get 90%. And it depends on how much one had when the charging started. And besides, one doesn't charge to 80% or anything like that on a road trip, one only charges sufficient to make the next stop. Stand by my original statement that one is off in 20 minutes or less.

A Model 3 or Y Long Range will take 250 miles in 35 minutes.

You say "full charge" which demonstrates you don't really know anything about how EVs are operated. If a Tesla Supercharger site is 75% occupied then all are limited to 80%. Charging slows as the battery fills and beyond 80% things get slower and slower. Charging beyond 80% is simply being greedy and possibly depriving others of a charging bay.

If the next Supercharger is 150 miles away then the fastest way to get to that Supercharger is to only add enough to the battery to get there. Because the fuller the battery the slower it charges so you would just be sitting there slowly adding charge you don't need. These are things The Gas Station Model does not teach.

Best to ignore people like him. Extremely ignorant of EVs and not willing to dispel his ignorance.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,104  
For whatever reason, I see more negative EV stories on my news feeds than positive ones. Frankly, I am not sure that is honest reporting, or the MSM trying to put a hurt on Musk for buying Twitter and "cleaning it up". But bad press is not good.

Legacy automakers are back pedaling on EVs and that is not a good sign expect for Tesla in the short term. Yet, Tesla stock has taken a bit of a beating of late. I find that interesting. Lower margins and lower stock prices can become a "one-two punch" to fickle investors.

The other concern for Tesla is BYD. BYD is gaining market share in the rest of the world where EVs have greater acceptance and penetration. Could that become the "knock out punch"?

What if Tesla goes belly up? There is no other viable alternative in the US EV market in the short term. BYD faces a 25% tariff unless they build the plant in Mexico but that is not going to happen soon. Can Ford and GM get their act together in time?

I admit I would feel some pleasure seeing a few Tesla worshippers wind up sucking hind tit. It is very unchristian of me, but I would still smile. And I would enjoy seeing climate control nut jobs wringing their hands in despair.

Anything that delays the ICE death spiral is encouraging news.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,105  
As mentioned lots of Tesla's everywhere in the Bay Area...

But, when I talked to co workers looking for a new car they have soured in Tesla... almost across the board.

It's got zero to do with the car... instead it's all about the personality of Elon...

Just shows how much one personality can add or detract...

Probably different elsewhere?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,106  

But, when I talked to co workers looking for a new car they have soured in Tesla... almost across the board.

It's got zero to do with the car... instead it's all about the personality of Elon...

He can be a jerk and does not punch all the liberal buttons. Of course the flakes in CA will detest him. But that is also a huge market for EVs and another little rabbit punch to Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,108  

I believe it. But who really knows the personality or politics of other corporate heads of car companies?Who knows what the head of a Chinese , Japanese, or Korean company’s political leanings are?
You buy the vehicle because it makes sense for you.
Most Tesla owners are well to do, and can easily afford to make their battery car purchase and /or disapproval of it, a political statement

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,109  
A car company that enjoys a feel good experience is Subaru...

I'm surprised at the number of Nurses and Doctors I work with drive Subaru.

They like the car well enough but I have heard say they like the company...

Marketing can be very effective...

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,110  
A car company that enjoys a feel good experience is Subaru...

I'm surprised at the number of Nurses and Doctors I work with drive Subaru.

They like the car well enough but I have heard say they like the company...

Marketing can be very effective...

Hard for me to dislike a company who likes dogs.