Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,122  
Regarding Subaru... That company has a cult following... Like a few other manufacturers. My MIL has one and it's a great car, with great mileage for an AWD SUV.
They do have their followers who stick with Subaru.
Me, Iā€™d buy a Honda CRv AWD over a Subaru $ for $, and a bit better mpg.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,123  
They do have their followers who stick with Subaru.
Me, Iā€™d buy a Honda CRv AWD over a Subaru $ for $, and a bit better mpg.
That is what we didā€¦ the CRV has better MPG and the build quality seems better. My inlaws have no brand loyalty, nor do we, but certain manufacturers have better reliabiity ratings than others. We shop toward the top of that list. I certainly wouldnā€™t go below #10ā€¦ I repair all of our cars myself, and less work is better. šŸ˜‚

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,124  
That is what we didā€¦ the CRV has better MPG and the build quality seems better. My inlaws have no brand loyalty, nor do we, but certain manufacturers have better reliabiity ratings than others. We shop toward the top of that list.
Family member has one. Rides great, been reliable, and has been averaging 34mpg, and itā€™s a decent sized AWD. Pretty amazing. I think they paid $30k. Itā€™s got about a 450 mile range.
Hard to beat. Not saying itā€™s better than Toyota, but itā€™s pretty good

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,126  
Our Toyota was a great car. 200k miles, lived outdoors, and we sold it at 20 years old because the family grew. It was my wifeā€™s college car. Bought a low mileage CRV this last summer for $20k and we love it. The last three cars we have purchased, the combined total purchase price has been $43k over the past 14 years! We still own (2) of them.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,127  
You could replace ā€œToyotaā€ with ā€œICE vehicle ā€œ, and your statement would speak for most of us.
You never answered where in NH youā€™re from?
I just did on the apple tree thread.lol

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,128  
IMG_8656.jpeg
IMG_8657.jpeg
IMG_8658.jpeg
ā€œThe gas station modelā€ does work and now I kinda want one. lol.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,129  
No offense but companies will use whatever marketing tactics they believe will sell cars.
Doesnā€™t mean they like dogs. Budlight tried it with a mentally ill dude but failed.

If a car mfg needs a dog to sell their cars Iā€™m not sure how much faith I would have in their reliability.

I bought a Tesla because it was convenient, reliable, and inexpensive.

No argument about advertising using whatever works to sell vehicles. I would say Subaru:
"Over $52 million donated to national and local organizations, which has supported the adoption, rescue, transport, and health of over 480,000 animals".

Also Tesla "Dog mode" has probably saved several dogs lives by having a temperature controlled interior. Something that may be a bit sketchy to do with a gas vehicle idling since at least in the past dogs have knocked vehicles out of park and into gear.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,130  
I had a vehicle with the radio volume ā€œbuttonsā€ on the touchscreen. Absolutely frustrating trying to use them on a bumpy dirt road. They got so many complaints, they went back to an actual rotary volume knob, the next year. 100% better.

Yeah that is a Big one for me as well.

Thankfully it is one of the very few Tesla also left as a rotary dial on the steering wheel along with a slider control on the screen.

I do believe Tesla has made a mistake getting rid of the shifter stalk and especially the turn signal stalk on the newest models.
I mean WTH if you already have the steering wheel inverted before turning again. They put the buttons on one side of the steering wheel on top of each other. No thanks to that "Improvement"