Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,031  
So its just fine for you to form opinions on Korean cars without ever owning one.
But the rest of us are ignorant or a moron if we form an opinion on an EV without owning one.

Start a Korean car thread and I promise not to repeat my opinions ad nauseam.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,032  
This is true, I think Tesla had more backers. Rivian lost support from Ford and Amazon isn't buying as much as they said they would at one time. Hoping they can secure enough funding to stay afloat for the sake of employees here in Illinois. They sure make an ugly vehicle with those vertical headlights though! IMO. :LOL: It's not a good time to be an EV startup.

Which is why I wouldn’t risk purchasing a Rivian vehicle.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,033  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,034  
Start a Korean car thread and I promise not to repeat my opinions ad nauseam.
Nice try on the diversion.
Point still remains, seems it's OK for you to form an opinion on a vehicle without owning one, but it's not OK for anyone else !!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,035  
Nice try on the diversion.
Point still remains, seems it's OK for you to form an opinion on a vehicle without owning one, but it's not OK for anyone else !!

Let’s all agree that we are morons for making uninformed comments with an agenda.

Do u agree?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,036  
Let’s all agree that we are morons for making uninformed comments with an agenda.

Do u agree?
You are being very hard on yourself.
Lighten up
People are dying….but not many are dying to get an EV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,037  
Have to say, kind of like the R3X Rivian

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,039  
I'm just amazed at the reasoning here on the part of EV owners and the government.
What's the purpose (of EV purchase)?
To:
Save the planet?
Save money?
Go fast?
Entice purchase with tax money?
Discourage travel?
FSD to assist driving abilities (!!??!!)
Those are the reasons EV Haters cite. Over and over and over again.

EV owners here simply found the EV to be the best solution to daily needs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,040  
You’re an outlier. An ICE only needs to be filled up every 400-600 miles, not every night.
Very rare for someone to not pass a single gas station in 400-600 miles.
I guess you’re in the minority
And you are either not paying attention or deliberately playing dumb not to have heard (from this thread) that The Gas Station Model does not work for EVs.

The correct use of an EV is to charge every night not because it needs it but because you can and charging every night is the kindest thing for both the battery and the power grid.

For many, charging the EV every night allows use of a simple 120V AC outlet.

EV Haters pretend battery range is everything. They pretend one could/should/always charge to full then charge again when near empty because this is what they have always done with an ICE and therefore this is the one and only true way to operate an automobile.

Charge your phone every night or do you wait until it is dead then bemoan the lack of super fast charging facilities?