Basic firewood rack.

/ Basic firewood rack. #11  
I was using skids before and I changed to these. Easier to load and move, they can be stacked but the length I had cut this wood I can't use the kickers for the rack. Well be stacking after I split what I have cut now. I have forgot what the log has to be for stacking, I think it's 20". The racks were FREE.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 422
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 474
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 1,310
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    971.9 KB · Views: 1,655
   / Basic firewood rack. #12  
Gman, I make and use those same racks, except I put a 2x4 on top to keep the two uppers together.

IMG_20150316_142234708_HDR%20Large_zpsa0cp8bck.jpg

/ Basic firewood rack. #13  
I was looking at making some 4W' x 4L' x 3'H firewood "Baskets" using hog panels welded to 2" square tube frames. I figure I could use the FEL and pallet forks to move them around.

I found these for $25 and thought what the heck and bought 4 I will pick up 2 more next time I am in that neck of the woods.! They hold about a face cord (16x48x96) and move around easy with the forks. I haven't used them during a winter yet, I'll have to wait and see how they are to use next winter.

20150322_160601_resized.jpg

/ Basic firewood rack. #14  
I've been looking for a source for those locally... both the pallet and the IBC totes for water storage.

Any ideas on where to find for a reasonable price like $25?

/ Basic firewood rack. #15  
I've been looking for a source for those locally... both the pallet and the IBC totes for water storage. Any ideas on where to find for a reasonable price like $25?

Check your local Craigslist they are always listed in our local CT one.

/ Basic firewood rack. #16  
So far I have found only complete totes... average about $125

Will keep checking...

/ Basic firewood rack. #17  
So far I have found only complete totes... average about $125

Will keep checking...

I found mine on CL also. With the plastic container they were $40, without $25. I did not need the liner so I left it with the seller. No hassle, no getting rid of the liner once I got them home.

/ Basic firewood rack. #18  
You guys must be tall, I'm short and would have a hard time unloading.

/ Basic firewood rack. #19  
I use these for my drying areas as well as under the deck for my winter storage. 6 landscape timbers, 5 cinder blocks, no nails or screws and can put them together in about 2 minutes. Plus when i empty a rack i can move it all out of the way and stack the blocks up. They keep the wood off the ground, stack out about 16'long and i go about 4'high.

ForumRunner_20150510_111203.png

ForumRunner_20150510_111414.png

/ Basic firewood rack. #20  
You guys must be tall, I'm short and would have a hard time unloading.

I'm wondering if one side could be notched or otherwise have a section or part or the side removed for access?