Base for Sawmill

/ Base for Sawmill
I got the track assembled and as straight and level as I think it will get. The instructions are good, but this reminds me of those old-fashioned stamped metal utility shelf kits where you'd get a zillion screws and square nuts, and had to put it all together. Tedious is an understatement. But it's together and solid as heck.

One section of track had a slight bow on the end, so I wrote Woodland Mills to see if I can get a replacement (I think I could bend it but I'd rather let them weigh in first). Other than that, the quality is very good and the track is very heavy duty. No missing fasteners or parts (yet). Need to begin assembling the saw head next.

IMG_4232D.jpeg

/ Base for Sawmill #23  
Great job and it looks very solid. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Base for Sawmill #24  
My sawmill has been sitting on concrete blocks with a 2x lumber between the mill and the block, for years and years! It's easy to do yearly leveling too, and it works just fine!

I have no problem milling out accurate lumber, or even veneer if I want...

standard.jpg

SR
You have any pics of your setup

/ Base for Sawmill #26  
SR, can you elaborate on the setup with your crank winch and how you use it?

I'm using my Frostbite grapple to turn really big logs but doing that is getting old ...

/ Base for Sawmill #27  
The winch can be used with ramps, to parbuckle logs onto the mill, or turn logs as needed.

I only use the winch to turn big logs, it works great for that.

IMG-1131-S.jpg

SR

/ Base for Sawmill #28  
Thanks. Did you fabricate that or was it a sawmill factory option?

/ Base for Sawmill #29  
Interesting this topic came up. Just the other day a guy delivered some rock to my place and wanted to pay good money for my mill, that has sat idle for over a year. I checked on used/new prices and wow the price of these things has gone up.