Want to buy a sawmill - Talk me out of it!

/ Want to buy a sawmill - Talk me out of it!
I just bought a hm130max to mill some lumber for a gazebo type cover for our spa. You got it right though it is the time that is hard to find. between assembling the mill and milling lumber I missed the weather window for actually building the structure. But I am the type of person that will enjoy being able to tell people that I made everything on that structure except the tin roof and the screws that hold it together.
AMEN BROTHER!! That's what it is all about!!

/ Want to buy a sawmill - Talk me out of it! #82  
I'm 64 and beat to hell, but I absolutely LOVE logging and milling.
I have had a 'borrowed' mill here for two and a half years and gone through 25 or 30 blades. (sharpening each 5 to 7 times)
I have 123 acres of mostly old forest here in Maine with lots of old growth hemlock, pine, and hardwoods.
My advice is to by a mill that will cut 16 foot, and has a no-flex frame above all other features!
But, get a mill and a grapple for the tractor and you'll be a happy man.

I'm 64 and beat to hell, but I absolutely LOVE logging and milling.
I have had a 'borrowed' mill here for two and a half years and gone through 25 or 30 blades. (sharpening each 5 to 7 times)
I have 123 acres of mostly old forest here in Maine with lots of old growth hemlock, pine, and hardwoods.
My advice is to by a mill that will cut 16 foot, and has a no-flex frame above all other features!
But, get a mill and a grapple for the tractor and you'll be a happy man.
Got the grapple and tractor, mill has been ordered!!! 2 weeks for delivery, the holidays might extend that a bit. But that is OK because I have some work to do to prep the millsite. STAY TUNED!!

/ Want to buy a sawmill - Talk me out of it! #84  
Got the grapple and tractor, mill has been ordered!!! 2 weeks for delivery, the holidays might extend that a bit. But that is OK because I have some work to do to prep the millsite. STAY TUNED!!
Congratulation.... now I'll have to stay tuned and save my change...

/ Want to buy a sawmill - Talk me out of it! #86  
Glad we were able to talk you into it!!!

/ Want to buy a sawmill - Talk me out of it! #87  
Looks like we failed in talking you out of it :)

/ Want to buy a sawmill - Talk me out of it! #88  
Congratulations on new mill.

Used to have three circle mills within 15miles from farm. $0.06–0.08/bf. Long gone. Band mills over $1/bf plus your labor. Doesn’t take much to justify a mill for your own lumber.

Please update as you use.

Thank you gentlemen!!!! Nope, you failed to talk me out of it for sure!
Looking forward to the next step.