Backyard Shed for BX Tractor

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #52  
Very impressive design and build!

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #53  
Rusty, love the color red you used. What is it and how's it holding up?

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #54  
   / Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #55  
Great looking garage. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #56  
Rusty, love the color red you used. What is it and how's it holding up?

The paint is Ben Moore Ext Latex. I have the color written down somewhere - i'll have to dig it up. It had two coats applied when we built it in 2009. Six years later it''s still pretty good, there are some spots along the first floor where the dogs/humans/stuff have rubbed up against it and its beginning to look a little thin. Also, we have a lot of woodpeckers and they want the bugs hiding in the recesses of the T-1-11 siding, so every year I have to touch those up. I will use the same paint again the next time we paint, either next year or the year after. I'll see what it looks like in the spring.

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #57  
Looks good Mike, Still room for more stuff.:thumbsup:

I'm about to put up a 16'x20'x8' plan to use crushed stone base and I was considering putting 8"x8"x16" cinder blocks buried under each of the feet. After seeing you used PT lumber I'm thinking of scraping the blocks.

How did you anchor the PT lumber to the ground?

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #58  
I'm about to put up a 16'x20'x8' plan to use crushed stone base and I was considering putting 8"x8"x16" cinder blocks buried under each of the feet. After seeing you used PT lumber I'm thinking of scraping the blocks. How did you anchor the PT lumber to the ground?

I have a 10 x 20 Costco plastic garage, and I just attached the feet to two by sixes, and then just put a few blocks on top of the two by sixes. The whole thing cost me only 200 bucks.

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #59  
I'm about to put up a 16'x20'x8' plan to use crushed stone base and I was considering putting 8"x8"x16" cinder blocks buried under each of the feet. After seeing you used PT lumber I'm thinking of scraping the blocks.

How did you anchor the PT lumber to the ground?

Rdr202, If you asking me,.....I used 4x6x12 PT as a frame for laying out the base into the gravel. I used some 1/2"x 3' rebar in some places and some 3/4"x 3' metal stakes in others. Some were placed thru drilled holes in the PT and some were simply place on the low side of the timber Since the Shelter was placed on a slope, several layers of timbers were used to build up the low side. Since this work of mine was just built this spring, I can't say how well it will stay level over time.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #60  
Thanks for the reply. i like the rebar idea.