Backhoe Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO

/ Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO #1  

gstlouis

Tractor
kioti CK2510
Hello

I have a kioti 2510HST and I have a chance to buy a Backhoe Wallenstein GX600. I have spent lots of time reading online and on here and I keep hearing this is just not a good idea buying a PTO backhoe. But these are still being sold so people are buying them.

I know that if I woud buy a backhoe PTO I could get a sub-frame done for this? I'm not sure how I can get this locally but I will discuss my closest dealership I guess. Any comments on this will be appriciated.

However, is putting on a PTO backhoe alone cause problems? Or is it then heavy lifting that can damage the tractors mid frame? Like if I mount this and use it to simply pickup some sand ( earth its all sand here with rocks ) will this really mess up my tractor? At the moment I wouldn't risk it as Ive purchase this tractor not long ago and its still my nice work hard toy. But buying a new backhoe is just not an option...

A 2004 74 hours Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 for $4800 CAD. I would offer more like 4 or $3500 - let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

/ Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO #2  
The problem with 3 point hitch backhoes is that the 3pt hitch isn't designed for the kind of loads a backhoe puts on it. Literally a 3pt hitch is designed to lift and lower dead weight, and pull ground engaging equipment along the center axis of the tractor. A backhoe adds all kinds of loads in other dimensions that assembly was never meant to handle.

A custom fabrication shop should be able to assist you in making a subframe. Quite literally, a subframe is something that hooks to the hoe, and to numerous points on the tractor, spreading out the load. Usually they attach to the FEL bracketry, and somewhere around the drabar, axle housings, or ROPS mount points.

/ Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO #3  
The tales of woe are long and frequent for 3 point backhoes. I think it is just too easy to over stress your tractor.

/ Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO #4  
See if any nearby dealers have a used Kioti BH for sale. Or if you have the skills and tools, make your own subframe. There's well documented threads here on that.

I think that unless you know a guy, paying a machine shop to design and build a subframe is going to use up any savings from the used 3pt BH.

/ Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO #5  
I just thinking about a 3 point hitch hoe also. But how do you get on and off it? Do you have to get down from the tractor and then get back up into the seat of backhoe?
Craig

/ Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO #6  
I just thinking about a 3 point hitch hoe also. But how do you get on and off it? Do you have to get down from the tractor and then get back up into the seat of backhoe?
Craig

Any BH that is a rear mounted 'implement' will have to be mounted from the ground. True TLB will have a swivel seat for loader and backhoe control access. I remember that Mahindra had a swivel seat on the SCUT models but they were really large mowers with 3 pt. that had limited digging specs.

/ Backhoe Wallenstein GX600 PTO #8  
I have my BH plumbed to the tractor as it is tractor exclusive to the subframe. The PTO option required a pump and reservoir under the seat in line with the PTO. I was ok with it except it added $1K to the price.
If the one you are looking at has a PTO pump, at a good price, consider having a good Fab/Hyd shop make a subframe for it to firmly attach to the tractor Loader frame.
3 Pt backhoes put extra stress on tractors. You can bet if a man bought one and damaged his tractor, he probably would not post about it to any forum. JMHO