B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility #1  

jabre

Tractor
Kubota B2320
Hi All,

I have a B2320 and would like to add a belly mower. Unfortunately, the specified RCK54-29B and RCK60-29B are both out of stock at every dealer I have tried as well as seem to be unavailable used as well.

I have been able to track down an RCK54-32. I'm wondering if anyone knows if this -32 or any other version may be adaptable to a B2320 in place of a -29?

Any suggestions appreciated.

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility #2  
The hard part will probably be finding the attachment rails and hardware, the PTO shaft and u-joints, etc. Like everything else they are prohibitively expensive from the Parts Dept. I do not know about the -32 versus the -29B. If you have access physically to the possible deck take profuse pictures and that will help you ion looking. There are a large number of those BX machines around.

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility
@JWR, thanks for the reply. I didn't even consider the -32 might be for a BX. Maybe someone is familiar enough with a B7100 or other B-series to know if a different deck is reasonably adaptable. It is definitely not worth the work going piecewise on the mounting/interface as you point out. I would likely be better off buying a GR mower than doing that.

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility #4  
I cannot say for sure about the -32 and what it is supposed to fit. My BX2200 uses an RCK60B-22BX. I also have 3 B2150's and they use RC-60-21B decks of which I have two. Those two types of decks are drastically different in mounting hardware and it would be foolish to try to adapt one to the other. For one thing the BX2000 deck is a suspension type deck (intended to ride on the tractor with wheels only doing the anti-scalp function) while the B2150 decks are ground-riding decks that ride on the wheels all the time while in use. Different designs.

I do not know your overall circumstance but I'd lean towards keeping an eye open for a good low hours machine with the deck in good shape and already on it. Trade machines. Sell yours. etc. Even if you spend a few hundred in the transition you will probably be less out of pocket and end up with a better result. Takes time of course.

I have a B2320 with only 168 hours. I've maintained it myself. It's the trustworthy devil I know that will be tough to trade. But, as you point out, maybe a reasonable option that I will keep an eye out for. Thanks.

Off subject (sort of), but how useful is your BX2200 compared to B2150? I don't work my tractor hard. It's more of an urban workhorse than an ag tool. I have considered the BX from afar in the past.

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility #6  
The RCK54-32 is used for the B2301, B2401, B2601. I do not know what the differences between it and the RCK54-29B is. If your serious I would look on the kubota parts website and compare the two models side by side.
on the right type the model in the bottom search bar.

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility #7  
With only 168 hours on your B2320 of course you need to find a way to keep it ! I'd never let that go even if I had to go buy something totally different to mow with. Do you have a loader out of curiosity?

To answer your questions:
My BX2200 is my "urban area lawn mower" on waterfront property where I mow an acre or so, use the bagger A BUNCH for leaves every fall, and use the little front end loader for both snow removal (now rare), mulch moving and chasing debris. So handy it is hard to exaggerate. I have a larger non-Kubota bucket modified to fit the BX2200 (LA211) loader just for snow removal or for larger loads of light material. We have had no snow this season but in some seasons over the past 2 decades we have had several inches at times. We've had the BX for 21 years now and got it with only 225 hrs on it. I've had to replace a few hydraulic hoses but no major problems of any kind in around 900 hours so far. Use it with a tiller and a blade here and there too. I had a receiver hitch mount made to bolt to the front of the frame and it makes the perfect "trailer mover" for moving my 14ft trailer in and out of a very tight storage location and around the property.

You also asked: how useful is your BX2200 compared to B2150? The BX2200 is as described above terrifically useful but that is probably because I live 75 feet from it. I live 330 miles from one B2150 and 265 miles from the other 2 B2150s. I do go to those locations once a month year round. I use one B2150 for cutting a lot around an old farmhouse with the belly mower and light 5ft bush hog work and moving trailers around, etc. I use wheel spacers on it so I can handle steeper ground & had to have the frame of the RC-60-21B deck on it modified to clear the rear wheels having 6" spacers. The other 2 B2150's are used in a mountain area for: One for snow blowing and FEL snow removal in winter and a 5ft bush hog in the summer for clearing higher grass and light brush on some lots. Also for spraying using a 12v tank sprayer loaded in the FEL bucket , moving gravel around, moving firewood, etc. The other one I use with a RC-60-21B belly mower for the close-in lawn mowing up there. The B2150s are 4 cyl and only rated a couple of HP more than the BX2200 but drastically more capacity overall.

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility #8  
I can't remember the model numbers off hand but I do know after contacting Kubota, not getting a clear answer, then going to measure the mounting points myself, the 60 inch deck on my B2620 will interchange with the the one on the new B2601 if that helps you any.

@Paystar, thanks for the reply. That lines up with what I am learning.
@JWR, seems like the BX is a very useful tractor. Likely comparable for my purposes to the B2320.
@Sportsman762, thanks for the link to the parts site. I was very surprised to find it very helpful. Based on digging into the differences of the RCK54-29B and RCK54-32 in the part breakdowns I found that the only differences are in the Lift Rod/Arm assembly. Total cost to convert based on the listed price is about $200 to buy the individual lift arm pieces needed to accomodate the -32 to the B2320.

Now it looks like I have an actionable plan! No need to consider trading tractors -yet. Thanks all for the inputs.

Next, after getting this done will be to see if I can rig up a bagging system for less than the $3k Kubota is asking. I want a bagger, but sheesh, hard to get over a price increase of 5x over what I would pay for almost any other similarly sized mower bagging setup.

/ B2320 Belly Mower Compatibility #10  
I bought the Kubota bagger for our BX2200 around 15 years ago. Paid $1500 or $1600 for it. PTO driven, very solid and functional. I do around 40 bags of leaves with it every fall and at my age and shape no way I would ever get them done without it. I can't imagine the price leaping to $3K, that's crazy. I have seen a few of them for sale used on Craig's List and places like that. The 3 bags on it are readily replaceable and carried by my dealer & easily ordered if not in stock. If you found a used one, the hardware should fit or be adaptable to many small tractor models.