B Boss 6x6 plow setup

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup #41  
That's the system I started out with and trying to improve on. As the blade goes up, the winch starts to pull it straight back.

Oh, that's similar to what I'm trying to talk my neighbor into, except keeping the original 1st pulley that is already mounted high then going down to the plow blade connection and connecting a 2nd pulley, and then back up to an anchor point next to the 1st pulley.

When they asked how the winch hook is connected next to the 1st pulley, I could not resist, because I then told them that they "needed a sky hook", ha.

They would have plenty of mechanical advantage and the plow blade would take twice the original raising time, with a 2:1 mechanical advantage using a moving pulley in the system.

I'm afraid that is not the issue because every time I bomb proof the last failure area, up pops another on.

They cannot get off of the toggle switch in time for some reason, and I'm told they have another problem, again.

This is why in their first year of plowing they broke the wire cable so many times, and I've tried to explain to them the sound that the winch makes when it's not happy with the winching process.

I'm about to suggest a magnetic type limit switch on the winch rope as a solution.

That way they can pull on the winch toggle switch to raise the plow blade and it will not matter if they keep pulling on the toggle switch.

The magnet in the limit switch over rides their fingers and stops the winching operation.

KC

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
I do like your two pulley system (these are really called sheaves) and less speed that creates but we don't have the space to add another one. I've been working all the time but I'll try getting photos of my new flat belt sheave, which doesn't work anyway...

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup #43  
I do like your two pulley system (these are really called sheaves) and less speed that creates but we don't have the space to add another one. I've been working all the time but I'll try getting photos of my new flat belt sheave, which doesn't work anyway...

Sorry to hear that it did not work.

I believe I'm ahead of you, thinking I'm on "Plan E" right now...

KC

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
I may need to weld my sheave frame to the mounting hook,,,, or deepen the concave on the roller,, or do both. To be honest, trying to use a flat belt lift is getting to be a pain in the ^%@)*&%+!!

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup #45  
I may need to weld my sheave frame to the mounting hook,,,, or deepen the concave on the roller,, or do both. To be honest, trying to use a flat belt lift is getting to be a pain in the ^%@)*&%+!!

Why do you think you need to weld it ?

Have you tried to temporary connect the sheave with either rope or chain that should allow the it to sort of float/rotate and maybe keep the flat strap where it should function ?

Just a thought, I have to switch out my MF Dozer Blade to my MF Snowblower today and clear snow, each year it seems like just a job that has to be done.

Good luck, KC

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
Seems the pivot being so close to the sheave, might make it roll left or right to easily... What's seen here is the original sheave, not the later version that's "concave".

Why do you think you need to weld it ?
Have you tried to temporary connect the sheave with either rope or chain that should allow the it to sort of float/rotate and maybe keep the flat strap where it should function ?
Good luck, KC

Attachments

• P1100252.jpg
    P1100252.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
   / B Boss 6x6 plow setup #47  
Seems the pivot being so close to the sheave, might make it roll left or right to easily... What's seen here is the original sheave, not the later version that's "concave".

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...577711458t-b-boss-6x6-plow-setup-p1100252-jpg

Looking at this picture, it may just be photo magic (camera angle slightly off of horizontal) and not the actual orientation of the sheave above your roller fairlead:

This is what I see in this picture, the sheave above the roller fairlead appears to be to the left of the roller fairlead maybe 1/2", centerline to centerline ?

If this is the case, then the flat strap is having a hard time rolling through the sheave.

Let me know, KC

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
The sheave with its hook "should" be self centering. The camera was not 90 degrees from the sheave when the photo was taken. Nonetheless, I'm working a on another mounting system to bolt it on instead of a hook. Will post photos when available. Thanks to all for there help! But I may need to ditch the flat strap system.

Looking at this picture, it may just be photo magic (camera angle slightly off of horizontal) and not the actual orientation of the sheave above your roller fairlead:

This is what I see in this picture, the sheave above the roller fairlead appears to be to the left of the roller fairlead maybe 1/2", centerline to centerline ?

If this is the case, then the flat strap is having a hard time rolling through the sheave.

Let me know, KC

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
Maybe you folks can help with this plows spring dilemma. (like after the winter? :eek:) The original Moose ones had been stretched so I had to add spacers to get them tight enough for the plow testing... I was thinking that I'd add slightly stronger ones than the originals. These are 10" long, have a 1.5" coil which could be slightly larger and made from .220 spring coil. Is there another spring out there that close to that, made with .250 coil???

Attachments

• rld-10-162_xl.jpg
    rld-10-162_xl.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 76
   / B Boss 6x6 plow setup #50  
The sheave with its hook "should" be self centering. The camera was not 90 degrees from the sheave when the photo was taken. Nonetheless, I'm working a on another mounting system to bolt it on instead of a hook. Will post photos when available. Thanks to all for there help! But I may need to ditch the flat strap system.

That's what I thought it was, camera magic.

For a neighbor update, I have been requested to look at the front bumper of the Cam-am, seems it's hanging out about 8" ???

Yes, the different industries suppliers have a lot of $$$ fixes for the poor design of UTV's winching (raising/lowering) with their original snow plow blade designs.

They went from wire cable to:

Synthetic rope, synthetic flat strap, larger fair lead rollers, raising limit switches, lowering limit switches...

KC