Auxilliary electrical plugs? Source ?

/ Auxilliary electrical plugs? Source ? #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I have two tractors, well three if you count the Bolens HT23.

Both the Fordson E27n and the Hurlimann Prince 435 have two pin Auxiliary electrical sockets fitted from the factory . (They are different however).

These are smallish sockets, about an inch in diameter, plugs for extra lights, trailers, heated clothing etc. less than 10amps, I am sure

But where does one find the matching plugs?

The Fordson is an antique, and I can appreciate the dated nature of the matching parts. The Hurlimann is so poorly supported by the dealer network in this area that there is no one to ask, plus the location of the socket is just about the most difficult spot to get to. (Shoot that design engineer;-) Have you ever tried to measure something you can only see with a mirror? ;-)

The most promising match for the Hurlimann is a product from Cole-Hersee Co. in Boston MA p/n 11042-05, but no dimensions are given. I could purchase both socket and plug and just make a clean break from the original.

I would like to use the socket on the Hurlimann to power my electric vest for winter snow removal, as well as have a convenient plug for connecting a battery charger or trouble light. The battery access is complicated by the loader frame.

For the Fordson. fitted with a front mount snow plow, I just want to fit a LED work light to illuminate the things I'm going to run into while baking up. That way I can better describe to my wife why I had to stop moving snow and come in for a hot cup of tea ;-)

If anyone has a good source for two pin low voltage plugs, please advise.

Newark electronics...here I come.

Cheers and TIA

Cal

in Vermont

/ Auxilliary electrical plugs? Source ? #2  
You could replace them with cigarette lighter outlets, I believe they are just called power outlets now.

/ Auxilliary electrical plugs? Source ?
Yes, replacement is an option. For my other equipment and motorbikes, i use the "stubby" cig lighter outlets as found on Audi automobiles, BMW motor bikes, and Caterpillar off road equipment. In fact, I purchased three sets from the Cat dealer years ago. But, due to the accessibility issue with the Hurlimann, and the "originality" issue with the Fordson, I am looking for "just the plugs". If there is no availability, practical measures will be taken!

If the air filter housing and intake plumbing are removed from the Hurlimann, (Mitsu K4K-D engine) access is not "that bad". ;-)

/ Auxilliary electrical plugs? Source ? #6  
Who knows for sure which was on the tractor originally? I do know that if it were me I would want the "x" or powered half to be female and the "load" side or light wiring to be the male plug.

/ Auxilliary electrical plugs? Source ?
Who knows for sure which was on the tractor originally? I do know that if it were me I would want the "x" or powered half to be female and the "load" side or light wiring to be the male plug.

It's easy enough to know what was originally fitted, Pictures are in the literature ]-)

Sockets with the pins recessed are quite common, and result in both parts being well protected by design. this has carried over to many present day applications such as computer power cords and many accessory jacks USB for instance.

Last edited:
   / Auxilliary electrical plugs? Source ? #8  
Sorry, only trying to help