3-Point Hitch Attachments rubbing tires

/ Attachments rubbing tires #11  
the wheel bolts are Lefty loosy, righty tighty....:thumbsup:

What does that mean exactly:confused:? Is that top to the left or bottom to the left:confused2:?

/ Attachments rubbing tires #12  
What does that mean exactly:confused:? Is that top to the left or bottom to the left:confused2:?

It means you turn the wrench counter clockwise the bolt loosens, clockwise it tightens.:laughing:

/ Attachments rubbing tires #14  
It means you turn the wrench counter clockwise the bolt loosens, clockwise it tightens.:laughing:

Now that makes sense;). I heard, about 40 years ago, that "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" was for the benefit of IBM techs in removing cabinet screws.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #15  
reversing the tires will give you about 3-6 inches clearence and the pins will yield about 1-3 inches, do both easier to hook up with inner pins and wider tires will also make you more stable and these are such narrow machines even in widest setting you wont give up manuverability.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #16  
Now that makes sense;). I heard, about 40 years ago, that "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" was for the benefit of IBM techs in removing cabinet screws.

Never heard that but I am a network engineer so it makes sense.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #17  
My Yanmar is a 2310D, it does have the sway chains that I have tried to shorten (I'll need to play with this some more), I thought about switching the tires because I noticed that the mount point is not in the center of the rim (question: are the bolts on these Left for Loose or are they the opposite?), I hadn't thought about changing the mounting pins. Thanks for all of the help, I'll let you know how it goes.

Layton, Just in case you are talking about the turnbuckle bolts one end is right hand and one end is left hand. When you turn the turnbuckle it will lengthen or shorten depending on which way you turn it.

/ Attachments rubbing tires
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Unfortunately I did not think to take before pictures, but here are the after. It definitely gave me more room between the tires and the lift arms, probably 5-6 inches on both sides. Even with the heavy disk when I am on uneven ground the lift arms don't hit the tires.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    962.3 KB · Views: 219
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    888 KB · Views: 334
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    958.5 KB · Views: 253
   / Attachments rubbing tires #19  
curious, are you able to lift those disk off the ground enough to haul? reason I ask my YM2001 can't lift a disc harrow with 18" blades but about 2" off the ground with the lift all the way up, its not the weight that's the problem its the tractor doesn't sit high enough to get them any higher.

What sucks is those disc harrows with 12" disc work but are so light its about pointless to even spend the money on them. Looking to buy a real tractor soon to run the plows/harrows..I love my Yanmar but its limits are about mowing and light loader/box work.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #20  
curious, are you able to lift those disk off the ground enough to haul? reason I ask my YM2001 can't lift a disc harrow with 18" blades but about 2" off the ground with the lift all the way up, its not the weight that's the problem its the tractor doesn't sit high enough to get them any higher.

What sucks is those disc harrows with 12" disc work but are so light its about pointless to even spend the money on them. Looking to buy a real tractor soon to run the plows/harrows..I love my Yanmar but its limits are about mowing and light loader/box work.

Smoody, might not work for you but has helped me with bigger implements. I made a couple of extra sets of holes in my side links to give me a higher lift. Also have extra hole a little forward in the lower lift arm that allows higher lift. I have a double bottom disc type turning plow that has to go way up but I can do it.:)

Attachments

• 100_2359.jpg
    100_2359.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_2360.jpg
    100_2360.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 208