Buying Advice Are TYM tractors junk?

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #121  
FWIW, I am now going through the same experience on my T494. 13 hours and it is sitting in the barn unusable...TYM won't even return my dealers calls about it. apparently 1 out of 100 are lemons and spacegun and I are the "lucky" ones. All that to say, if you roll the dice on 1 of these make sure you buy from a dealer that is very close so you have someone to fix the big problems that happen when they break.

Seems like with this class of tractor you either get a good one or a bad one. We had a 2007 century/branson we should have never traded on this 494. 18 years without a single issue. stupid, stupid stupid of us to trade it in on a new one.
There is a whole ton of facts that "spacegun" is withholding. Everytime you ask him a specific question on what he was doing and has done with his tractor, he goes silent.

He's been moving round bales... Obvious question asked: "What, if any rear ballast weight did you have on your 3 pt?" "Are your rear tires filled with ballast?"

Answer: Crickets chirping. He goes dark. Avoids answering questions like this, but never fails to come back and say how sorry he is that he bought it.

It's very easy to break a tractor if you're a new tractor owner. It does happen. Regardless of paint color. But blaming the equipment for the operator error is not going to get him (or anyone) anywhere.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #122  
It seems like when someone abuses his equipment then
unit don't work operator fault I should have never purchased
it its nothing but junk sounds fimiliar???

willy

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #123  
There are plenty of other brands, Branson, Massey, Kioti, LS, New Holland, in addition to TYM. They all have pros and cons, all have different pricing. Do your homework, see what else is out there. I bought my LS for many thousands less than Kubota and JD! I think I got more tractor with more options for a lot less!
I agree on getting what works for a lot less. My off brand tractors are extremely well built and designed. Very reliable work horses. I have older Fords and Case-IH that are work horses too. One thing I like about newly designed FELs (on seemingly all newer tractors these days) is that they don't have a lot of loader framework blocking access to the engine compartment and put less weight on the front axle. Course with 4wd pretty much being standard, front tires and axles are pretty robust.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #124  
Just and update, we are now engaging legal council to get try and get a full refund on our 494 POS that has been in the shop for months. If successful the plan is to move to LS.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #127  
Not quite. Kubota is what it is today because they build great engines, machines, and take care of their customers/dealers.

There have been many tractor brands that failed. It wasn稚 because they didnt start in mom/pop places. It is because they sucked at one of the above.
I’m not so sure that they take care of their dealers so well…..

Locally we had a legacy dealer that was Kubota as long as I can remember and when the dealer didn’t feel like investing a $billion into the dealership to upgrade, Kubota decided to say goodbye to him…..

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #128  
I agree on getting what works for a lot less. My off brand tractors are extremely well built and designed. Very reliable work horses. I have older Fords and Case-IH that are work horses too. One thing I like about newly designed FELs (on seemingly all newer tractors these days) is that they don't have a lot of loader framework blocking access to the engine compartment and put less weight on the front axle. Course with 4wd pretty much being standard, front tires and axles are pretty robust.

It may help with access and is Definitely very nice to have for servicing ... -but all that extra bracing triangulates , reinforces and helps carry those forces to the rear axle, instead of through the bellhousing and even engine especially if the FEL bucket contacts something unmovable.

Also disagree on the front axle robustness. Every newer CUT seems to have shrunken the center pumpkin and therefor ring gear size down to the absolute bare minimum. Many companies switched from double sheer to single sheer outer hubs as well unless above 50 HP.

Give me an old Ford like a 4630 MFWD or even my chinese Rhino's front axle and the extra bracing over what is being offered in the 40-60HP CUTs these days.

ps.
I Hope TYM either Gets on the stick and fixes the Tractor
(CORRECTLY), or they refund the money so that Flyinghigh's dad can get some Enjoyable use out of a New Comfortable cabbed tractor.

Last edited:
   / Are TYM tractors junk? #129  
I’m not so sure that they take care of their dealers so well…..

Locally we had a legacy dealer that was Kubota as long as I can remember and when the dealer didn’t feel like investing a $billion into the dealership to upgrade, Kubota decided to say goodbye to him…..
A billion? This sounds like hogwash to me. Not saying some dealers wont get dropped along the way but your math is a bit off.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #130  
A billion? This sounds like hogwash to me. Not saying some dealers wont get dropped along the way but your math is a bit off.
Ok. You got me for a little bit of exaggeration.
Excuse the F out of me…. I guess you don’t understand that I MAY have a little bit of an attitude for a huge corporation that thinks it’s God‘s gift to man and that doesn’t respect the little guy that helped make it the company it is now!