Buying Advice Are TYM tractors junk?

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #131  
For a small dealer that’s been a dealer for 40 years and is almost 70 years old a 3-4 hundred thousand dollar investment into façade and parking and display area Upgrades is almost seeming to be a $billion.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #132  
I honestly didn’t think anybody was stupid enough to take me seriously for $1 billion but I guess there’s one in every crowd!

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #133  
Ok. You got me for a little bit of exaggeration.
Excuse the F out of me…. I guess you don’t understand that I MAY have a little bit of an attitude for a huge corporation that thinks it’s God‘s gift to man and that doesn’t respect the little guy that helped make it the company it is now!
My local Kubota dealers would disagree with your assessment. I wonder how Bobcat corp treats their dealers? I have seen some pretty impressive looking Bobcat dealerships. Corporate mandate or just the little guy spending their cash?

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #134  
My local Kubota dealers would disagree with your assessment. I wonder how Bobcat corp treats their dealers? I have seen some pretty impressive looking Bobcat dealerships. Corporate mandate or just the little guy spending their cash?
Well, I’m glad YOUR dealer would disagree. I don’t really know what that has to do with my statement though.

But in my humble opinion, your response to me initially was because you got butt hurt, because I dared to insult your favorite manufacturer in my post And you didn’t have enough sense of what was being said to comprehend that $1 billion was an exaggeration on purpose.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #135  
For a small dealer that’s been a dealer for 40 years and is almost 70 years old a 3-4 hundred thousand dollar investment into façade and parking and display area Upgrades is almost seeming to be a $billion.
Companies have standards for the sale of their products. Some companies want their customers to have the full service experience and don’t want to support dealerships that are back of the feed store operations. It’s entirely within the company’s prerogative to set standards for dealerships.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #136  
Companies have standards for the sale of their products. Some companies want their customers to have the full service experience and don’t want to support dealerships that are back of the feed store operations. It’s entirely within the company’s prerogative to set standards for dealerships.
I don’t disagree, except for the fact that they were more than willing for 40 years to do business with the gentleman in the facility he was in and in my never to be humble opinion after taking advantage of him for many years, they just were asking a little bit more than somebody that was not in a financial position to invest massive sums of money into a business that was Otherwise thriving, so it did not set well with myself, so excuse the f out of me.

Fortunately, for him, he took over Majandra as soon as Kubota left, and he did even better with Mahindra than he ever did with Kibota.

Mahindra struggled in this area with three or four different dealers over the years and never could make it and now 12 years later, Mahindra is still going strong in his facility

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #137  
As if Mahindra corporate would not push anything down on their dealers....I bet that dealership agreement has quite a bit of interesting verbiage written into it!. Point being all of these corporations are the same to some degree.

Kubota is still selling tractors and commands a major portion of the US marketshare...they get to dictate just like JD does. Brands with smaller market penetration are more likely to compromise with a given dealer. It sounds like your dealer did exactly what they should have...looked out for their dealership. You cannot fault them for that. There could also be more to the story...maybe other issues between corporate and that dealer.

As consumers we get the joy of taking all of this into consideration and trying to make the best decision for ourselves. Kubota was an great decision for me, I hope Bobcat was for you.

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #138  
As if Mahindra corporate would not push anything down on their dealers....I bet that dealership agreement has quite a bit of interesting verbiage written into it!. Point being all of these corporations are the same to some degree.

Kubota is still selling tractors and commands a major portion of the US marketshare...they get to dictate just like JD does. Brands with smaller market penetration are more likely to compromise with a given dealer. It sounds like your dealer did exactly what they should have...looked out for their dealership. You cannot fault them for that. There could also be more to the story...maybe other issues between corporate and that dealer.

As consumers we get the joy of taking all of this into consideration and trying to make the best decision for ourselves. Kubota was a great decision for me, I hope Bobcat was for you.
Funny you mention that. My Tractor purchase was immediately prior to him losing the Kubota (I do find it hilarious that every time I say Kubota as in speak to type on tractorbynet it spells it Kabota not Kubota)line and I had been looking at a B and thought how chincy the B Line was and how every control on it vibrated like it was a guitar string so I told him that and he acted half offended by it, and I quite honestly went across the city to the bobcat dealer, and that’s when I bought my bobcat

My Bobcat been back to the dealership one time last summer when I lost the transmission and I thought the contractor that had been borrowing it on my retaining wall project burnt the transmission out and it ended up being a pin fell out of the transmission….. one trip back to the dealership it cost me $130 to haul it back-and-forth and for them to fix That pen because I was too lazy to get underneath it to look.

The previous year I did have to have a mechanic come out and troubleshoot the starting circuit because I’m not smart enough to follow all the relays and he had to replace one relay, so yes, I’ve had very good luck with my bobcat and 13 years almost 14 years

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #139  

As consumers we get the joy of taking all of this into consideration and trying to make the best decision for ourselves. Kubota was an great decision for me, I hope Bobcat was for you.
Anyways, that’s the rub that I didn’t get to in the last post……
With Mahindra he’s actually doing just as well as he would’ve with Kubota and he’s got a better floorplan than he had with Kubota where the dealer that picked up the local franchise was 25 miles outside of the big city so he put a second location in the big city alongside the freeway And from what I can tell, seems to be struggling to make it work

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #140  
Deere and Kubota are more than allowed to bully their small dealers into selling out to massive conglomerates that operate as soulless monuments to the modern age.

I, in turn, am allowed to take my money elsewhere. So I did.

At least Kubota has been smart enough to stay away from the right-to-repair debate.