Buying Advice Are TYM tractors junk?

/ Are TYM tractors junk? #141  
That's not the opposite question at all. Of course different products are made better than others. It's the basis for why there is a cost difference. We aren't talking features, we are talking basic quality.

Anyone who is involved in specifying manufacturing parts and processes will tell you the same thing. Better parts and raw materials cost more. Better processes cost more. Better people cost more. So the finished product costs more and for that additional cost the consurmer can expect it to do the same job longer and with less downtime.

As far as dealer markups I have no real knowledge. I would think that they would all be about the same percentage but that is just a pure guess.

rScotty
You make some really good points and seem to be very knowledgeable about the manufacturing process. Is there any way that a prospective buyer can tell which components are made with better materials? If we are using price as a guide, could we not be led astray? In this current climate it seems that gouging is the norm, and everyone is trying to empty the pockets of the citizenry. I am hopeful that you can educate me so I can know who is using the best materials and who is using medium grade and who is using low grade materials. TIA for your answer.