Are these springs correct?

/ Are these springs correct? #1  

KennyG

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I have a 7K equipment trailer I bought 6 or 7 years ago and it was well used at the time. This winter I finally have time to replace the deck and paint over the rust. When I took it apart I saw something I never noticed before. The spring hanger configuration looks odd to me. Should the spring hanger shackles on the back axle (left side in the picture) be flipped to look like the front shackles?

Spring.JPG

/ Are these springs correct? #2  
I suspect the one on the right use to match the left. Ditch or some such has flexed them enough to swing it over to the top.
Not sure if it really matters that much one way or the other. Others in forum prolly have more info soon :)

/ Are these springs correct? #4  
Your trailer was probably delivered like this (if new). They load and un-load by crane or forklift and things get flipped around. I had to fix mine on a new trailer. Kind of a pain, but not a huge deal It will make your deck a bit higher like it is. Can't be good for things and probably hard on the suspension.

/ Are these springs correct? #5  
Left one is flipped

/ Are these springs correct? #6  
I had a trailer that kept doing this. I finally had to put bump stops on the frame to keep the springs hangers from flipping. Bump stops are quick and easy and work, but when I have to redo the deck, I am welding in tabs for small shocks that will limit the spring movement.

/ Are these springs correct?
Thanks. Since I have it mostly apart it should be easy enough to flip the shackle. If it doesn't stay I'll move on to the next step.

/ Are these springs correct? #8  
Jack up the right axle and pop the left back with a tire iron in between the shackles.
The shackles are supposed to pull up on the equalizer, not push up.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Sany SY50 Hydraulic Excavator Thumb (A33113)
Sany SY50...
Firestone Tires and Rims (A33041)
Firestone Tires...
Miller WP-17 FV-25-R Tig Torches & Accessories (A33349)
Miller WP-17...
CAT PD8000 Fork Lift (A33544)
CAT PD8000 Fork...
Weldcraft WP-9-FV-25R Tig Torch Package - 25' (A33349)
Weldcraft...
2024 Swict 66in Skid Steer Bucket Attachment (A32932)
2024 Swict 66in...