Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum?

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #11  
Perhaps I need to be in a vintage tractor site. I do appreciate your replies. Having a hard time finding my way around. Wanted to talk with the vintage ford enthusiasts. Just purchased a Ford 2000, 1973. Was hoping to hear some pros and cons.

I have a only 4 cyl prior 2000 which is closer to a 641 than any of hte new 3 cyl jobs.. however I do have a 68 3000 .. the 2000 / 3000 3 cyl jobs are very close in many areas.

So a 73.

pro? well it's a good 3 cyl engine.. even if it is a gasser. though i prefer diesels.

trans options run the gambut from basic 4 speed with non live pto, to a rare 6spd witht he option of live pto, and 8spd ( more common with live pto ).. and the 10spd SOS powershift tranny.

I myself prefer a live 8spd twin stick. still a basic crashbox.. but near bulletproof.. and lots of speeds to choose from.

it will have live hyds.. and an accy plate you can add a remote valve to. good 30-ish hp tractor great for a 6' mower.. etc.

con? nothing too bad. it shares the light duty front axle design from the 9n back in 39.. ie.. 2 piece adjustable with radius rods. no big deal.. just means it is not ideal for a loader.

the machine may or may not have power steering.

overall.. a 3000, if it runs out good.. is a good machine gas or diesel.. and even if a basic stripped down model with 4spd and no ps.. i'd still take it over an 8n any day.

If a gasser, the distribuitor is a hair hidden and the fuel pump is also in a slightly PITA area.. but no deal killers.

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #12  
Past and present blue ones :) .

2600,4600,5610,6610,6610 turbo,7600,7710,7810,7840sl, 7840sle turbo,8100,8210,TW10,TW20,876,power majors and super majors. We have always run mixed colours but the fords are my favourite.

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #13  
Past and present blue ones :) .

2600,4600,5610,6610,6610 turbo,7600,7710,7810,7840sl, 7840sle turbo,8100,8210,TW10,TW20,876,power majors and super majors. We have always run mixed colours but the fords are my favourite.

Have you had any problem with loss of drive on the 6610 on a steep incline when hauling a trailer?

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum?
This little ford 2000 is 8 speed with pto etc. Took it out for it's first job of bush hogging around the pond. There are a few hills out there but kept it in 3rd low, and it seemed to have plenty power. Starts on a dime. I am hoping it will be good for me, and out live me, as I don't really want to plunk any big money into it. Sounds good running, just doesn't have much paint left on the engine hood. Maybe I should just put a good coat of wax on the hood and forget it. The gentleman that brought out the bush hog, said if I had problems with the tractor that he would repair it. For me that is a good feeling to know that a honest person will be willing to do that, since I am a lady.

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #15  
Have you had any problem with loss of drive on the 6610 on a steep incline when hauling a trailer?
clutch shot ... need more details than that ????? . Had 7600 and 7710 strip splines off output shaft ( you don't want that) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum?
No pertinent question. Just stepped out and purchased an old Ford tractor to work for me, rather than buying a new one. An old machine could have many hidden problems or problems right around the corner so I just wanted to make sure I hadn't made a big mistake. These Ford owners have given me confidence in the old tractors. I didn't buy it to restore it, needed it to go to work, and it seems to be running and sounding fine. Didn't especially want a Diesel for a couple of reasons, thought gas would be more practical for me.

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #17  
the old gasser fords are pretty easy to work on.

they are my day to day work tractors.

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #18  
Yeah I have a Ford, but don't tell my dad, he bleeds Green when cut ;)

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #19  
We have a 71 3000 in the familly, was purchased new in 71 by my grandfather, its has 7000ish hours on it, still has the original clutch ( 8 speed / live pto ) is gas and to this day still starts on the first 1/4 turn the ignition hasint been refreshed in the last 20 years. the only thing we broke on it was the front axle pulling it out of the ditch ( my uncle has mush for brains and figured the axle was a good spot to tie the chain )

not a ford guy but if i needed a cheap reliable 30ish hp tractor, it would be on top of my wishlist

/ Are there Ford Tractor folks in this forum? #20  
me too Another good ford user is dollarbill. I'm not sure what all machines he has.. but i know he's helped on the 39-64 questions for sure.