Price Check Appraisal

/ Appraisal #1  

dirtymartini

Silver Member
Tractor
LS R4047 FEL & Backhoe
I have been going through the divorce process for three years now. The latest thing now is she wants half the value of my 2011 LS R4047 with loader and backhoe.

I tried telling the lawyer there is no blue book for tractors. Then he wanted me to get a written appraisal, but no dealer wants to get involved because they don't want to get called in to testify.

The problem is also compounded by the fact that with the present supply issue the value of used vehicles and equipment has skyrocketed. I'll be damned if I'm giving her an inflated appraisal even if I could get one.

I'm really not sure what to do.

/ Appraisal #2  
Is the tractor insured? If so maybe an insurance statement would work. Just a thought.

/ Appraisal #4  
Two suggestions

1) Get on the internet and find many of the same make, model for sale and print the offerings. Take the average and provide the lawyer the supporting documentation.

2) Prepay, to your account) $1,000, and commit to the dealer, in writing, that you will pay $100 an hour (or whatever it takes), door-to-door, if he is required to testify. Dealer keeps the money until the divorce is finalized. Once finalized, he refunds you the money on the account. Separately, you may be charged for the written appraisal. I'd guess $100 for that, as well.

/ Appraisal #5  
I would call multiple dealers and ask for "trade value". They don't have to know about the divorce. Get those figures by email, then forward to the lawyer. Trade values would be the lower prices, but that's what you'll get if you 'sold' it to a dealer.