Anyone Own A L6060?

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #51  
My L6060 is in its third with niter, about 500 hours. I feel major improvement over the L5740 I traded, especially in engine and transmission performance. I have 3 remotes and none have a detent. I would like to rune the motor on my sprayer off the hydraulics but I use a PTO pump under the suspicion the Kubota system doesn’t cool enough for constant flow to a motor. With R4s and air seat the ride is still rough but you will likely opt for R-1 or the new R14 which will likely give a smoother ride. The thing that triggered the trade was my L5740 failed the output shaft seal from the transmission to the front wheel drive, not uncommon reading this site. I asked my dealer to make me a deal I couldn’t refuse and he did. I don’t know if that seal has been improved.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #52  
My L6060 is in its third with niter, about 500 hours. I feel major improvement over the L5740 I traded, especially in engine and transmission performance. I have 3 remotes and none have a detent. I would like to rune the motor on my sprayer off the hydraulics but I use a PTO pump under the suspicion the Kubota system doesn’t cool enough for constant flow to a motor. With R4s and air seat the ride is still rough but you will likely opt for R-1 or the new R14 which will likely give a smoother ride. The thing that triggered the trade was my L5740 failed the output shaft seal from the transmission to the front wheel drive, not uncommon reading this site. I asked my dealer to make me a deal I couldn’t refuse and he did. I don’t know if that seal has been improved.

It is my understanding that the seal failure issue has not been rectified.

SDT

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #53  
I need to revisit using the loader tubes for chain storage. I like your solution... what type of pipe is that, and does the expanding plug snug up inside a of the added pipe?
I looked for a plug last year, but couldn稚 find a size that would work directly in the metal tube.

I used green sewer pipe. It fit inside the tube and I used the same Oatley plugs on both ends. I used urethane to glue it into the loader frame. It is water tight. I chose not to use the front tube that goes from left loader arm to right because it will hold a lot of stuff. I thought it would take away from what the loader will lift.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #54  
The L6060 ROPS model weighs 3990lbs. The MX5800 weighs 3734lbs. I wonder why it feels lighter? It's also slightly larger in every dimension except width.

To me sometimes the L series feels lighter because of the smaller front tires. Here are the L5740 and MX5100 for comparison. 20170419_105313.jpg

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #55  
No. Neither can my very experienced dealer or the regional Kubota rep.

SDT

Check to see if your 3 pt is in the full up position when your loader is moving slow. If so, lower the 3pt slightly and re-check your loader. If the loader works normally then the feed-back rod needs to be adjusted. On my old MX5100 open station, it was right under the seat.

HP

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #56  
Check to see if your 3 pt is in the full up position when your loader is moving slow. If so, lower the 3pt slightly and re-check your loader. If the loader works normally then the feed-back rod needs to be adjusted. On my old MX5100 open station, it was right under the seat.

HP

I used my tractor to load something today, and I did exactly as you suggest here and it seemed to solve the issue. I'll research more to see where the rod is on my tractor.

Thanks for the info, even though I tried this before I read your post. Someone else mentioned something about this in an earlier post and that gave me the idea to try this.

Thanks!

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #57  
Do any of you grand L60 owners have the hydraulic quick attach option on the loader?

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #58  
Do any of you grand L60 owners have the hydraulic quick attach option on the loader?
No, but I've looked at them a bit. I made one with a linear actuator on my L3200. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/321704-linear-actuator-power-ssqa.html

At $1500-2,000 or so there is no way I could justify it for my L4060. I do have $200 worth of parts to made my own hydraulic one this go around. Use the OEM 3rd function. Have manual valves next to the SSQA. Leave the manual valves set to SSQA. If you need the 3rd function, hitch up the impliment before getting off, flipping the valves & plugging in hoses. Unhook the hoses & flip the valves before getting back in the cab & hitching the impliment.

The OEM cylinder for power SSQA alone is $800. I got a generic one for $50. Have to make some brackets, but I've done it before & it's not $750 of brackets.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #59  

I looked at one when I bought my L6060. It was a pricey option and the dealer didn't think much of it so I passed. He pointed out that most of the time you have to dismount the tractor to attach implement hydraulic hoses anyway so why not just throw the SSQA lock levers manually at the same time.

I suppose the hydraulic option would be a time saver if you frequently switch non hydraulic implements like forks or a bucket.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #60  
No, but I've looked at them a bit. I made one with a linear actuator on my L3200. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/321704-linear-actuator-power-ssqa.html

At $1500-2,000 or so there is no way I could justify it for my L4060. I do have $200 worth of parts to made my own hydraulic one this go around. Use the OEM 3rd function. Have manual valves next to the SSQA. Leave the manual valves set to SSQA. If you need the 3rd function, hitch up the impliment before getting off, flipping the valves & plugging in hoses. Unhook the hoses & flip the valves before getting back in the cab & hitching the impliment.

The OEM cylinder for power SSQA alone is $800. I got a generic one for $50. Have to make some brackets, but I've done it before & it's not $750 of brackets.

Yea... I know. I’ve read what you said here before. I keep comin back to the Kubota option. If I could actually see that one in person it’d help me out. The dealer hasn’t had one of those in for a little while.

I looked at one when I bought my L6060. It was a pricey option and the dealer didn't think much of it so I passed. He pointed out that most of the time you have to dismount the tractor to attach implement hydraulic hoses anyway so why not just throw the SSQA lock levers manually at the same time.

I suppose the hydraulic option would be a time saver if you frequently switch non hydraulic implements like forks or a bucket.

Yea I change from bucket to pallet forks often. It would really help. Same for the grapple and my auger. I think it makes more sense on the bigger tractors like my 7060 or the TLB’s.