Anyone Own A L6060?

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #11  
Can't say anything about the L6060 as I have the L5740, but check Paul Short's website, he makes nice stuff including some protection for the third function. I bought some steps for mine. Expensive but well worth it. Specialty Repairs Custom Mods

/ Anyone Own A L6060?
To TheMadOne....
Yes, We are flat to rolling land here on the Texas Gulf Coast. Really like the B2650 and have the rear wheels water filled and a mid mount mower underneath so no tipping for me so far. Also, When I had the mid mount mower installed I had to change from R4 tires to turf tires and their stance is wider.
Yes, the cab is really small, almost like being in a telephone booth. It feels super tiny if I have previously used my T4.75 which has a huge cab with two seats. One for the driver and a small one for a passenger.

My only complaint is that out of 20-25 tractors I have worked over the years the hydrostatic drive on the B2650 is much louder than even much larger tractors and I do not know why. I have terrible hearing and am very protective of what hearing I have left so I wear shooting muffs while driving. My younger brother who lives 200 yards from my barn teases me that he can always hear the hydro whine on the B2650 and knows I am going out to mow in the orchard....

Last edited:
   / Anyone Own A L6060? #13  
They are nice bells, aren't they? I only drove the L3560 a bit before putting in the order. Only bad thing I've heard about the L6060 is that it's light for its HP, and prone to spinning a tire instead of digging in.

I wonder of that's a function of tires, I've got filled R1s on our L4760 and have zero traction problems from full bucket loader work(LA1055) to pulling out the stuck moving truck from the back pasture(long story) and pulling a small plow.

If anything the weight means that I'm tearing up the ground wherever I go with the R1s. Not complaining but I wonder if 13 more HP makes that much of a difference.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #14  
I have had my L6060 for a little over a year and have about 250 hours on it. There are 3 things I can think of with mine.

1. The third function hoses are very low to the ground. This has not been an issue for me yet, because my tractor is used mostly on athletic fields and golf courses.
2. There is no tool box. And no place to mount one!!! A $50,000 tractor and no tool box??? Hard to believe.
3. My front end loader sometimes will lift up very slowly. Not sure what's causing this, but it can be frustrating.

Otherwise, I really like the tractor. Lots of room in the cab (but no toolbox!).

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #15  
If you have rops you get a toolbox behind the seat, it's pretty tiny though.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #16  
I have had my L6060 for a little over a year and have about 250 hours on it. There are 3 things I can think of with mine.

1. The third function hoses are very low to the ground. This has not been an issue for me yet, because my tractor is used mostly on athletic fields and golf courses.
2. There is no tool box. And no place to mount one!!! A $50,000 tractor and no tool box??? Hard to believe.
3. My front end loader sometimes will lift up very slowly. Not sure what's causing this, but it can be frustrating.

Otherwise, I really like the tractor. Lots of room in the cab (but no toolbox!).

As mentioned, ROPS models have a toolbox.

Extremely slow lifting of the FEL is due to misadjustment of three point mechanism. Been fighting this off and on for nearly three years now. Do you have draft control?

SDT

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #17  
I wonder of that's a function of tires, I've got filled R1s on our L4760 and have zero traction problems from full bucket loader work(LA1055) to pulling out the stuck moving truck from the back pasture(long story) and pulling a small plow.

If anything the weight means that I'm tearing up the ground wherever I go with the R1s. Not complaining but I wonder if 13 more HP makes that much of a difference.

It's not tire related. They're light, especially in the rear.

SDT

/ Anyone Own A L6060?
As mentioned, ROPS models have a toolbox.

Extremely slow lifting of the FEL is due to misadjustment of three point mechanism. Been fighting this off and on for nearly three years now. Do you have draft control?

SDT

Could you explain the misadjustment of the three point mechanism? I do not understand? Thanks....

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #19  
Could you explain the misadjustment of the three point mechanism? I do not understand? Thanks....

No. Neither can my very experienced dealer or the regional Kubota rep.

SDT

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #20  
It's not tire related. They're light, especially in the rear.

SDT

Light compared to what though? Weight-wise they're in line with LS and others. If you're really having a problem with rear traction that sounds like something that a little ballast off the 3pt could solve.

Maybe my frame of reference is all wrong coming from a 2.5-3k lb tractor to the L4760 but I have zero traction problems. I can run around w/ 600lb round bales out front with nothing on the 3pt all day. With our snow storm this month I was pushing 20" x 6' x 15-20' of snow out of driveways without issues.

I've been chipping away at the giant dirt pile left behind out house from excavation and I can run at full throttle into that pile and the tractor will stall out(w/ stall guard off) before I spin the wheels in M + HDS-L. No problems getting a full load of dirt in the HD bucket.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert but that doesn't line up with my experience on the L4760 at least.