Anyone Own A L6060?

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #62  
Thank you. The kit I need to start with is for the M62, pn: TL1810. Looks like Kubota does not have a diagram for that. Messicks couldn’t even come up with one. Very niche market...

About $1600 delivered for the kit. Then from there I’d have to figure out how to mount it to the LA1154 loader which is very different from the M62’s loader.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #63  
I have both an L6060 and an MX5800. They are both in the 60HP range but the L6060 is lighter with a smaller footprint. I have R4's on both and don't notice any significant difference in pulling power. A bigger difference might show up using R1's though.

The L6060 is an open station model. I've had it for almost 2 years (450 hours) and have had no problems at all.

I have only two minor complaints.

1 - The small ROPS mounted toolbox (Missing if you have a cabbed model) There is no convenient place to mount a larger one without interfering with work operations. As a partial fix, I added a pair of these home made tool trays made from PVC pipe fittings:

View attachment 593274 View attachment 593275

A second set can be placed in either side of the FEL cross tube if desired.

2 - There is no fender handle on the right side since it conflicts with the fender mounted console for the FEL joystick. (Not an issue with a cabbed model) For me, this was awkward since I use the handle when mounting the tractor and to steady myself when mowing a slope. The fix was to buy a right side handle from a MX5800 and mount it slightly out of alignment on the right fender:

View attachment 593279 View attachment 593280 View attachment 593281 View attachment 593282

Aside from these minor issues, I have no real complaints about the L6060 and would buy it again.

Bdhsfz6,

I知 sorry to bring up this old thread but I gotta know your thoughts on the L6060 vs the MX5800. I知 within a few weeks of buying and looking at one or the other. I can get the MX5800 for at least $6-7k less. I致e owned a couple of 30hp kubotas and rented an l3301 a few times. I love the features and Hst+ transmission of the L6060 but for the price difference I could get rim guard filled tires, root grapple, rotary cutter, pallet forks, and still be saving money. Both machines will fit my needs. What are your thoughts?

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #64  
Bdhsfz6,

I知 sorry to bring up this old thread but I gotta know your thoughts on the L6060 vs the MX5800. I知 within a few weeks of buying and looking at one or the other. I can get the MX5800 for at least $6-7k less. I致e owned a couple of 30hp kubotas and rented an l3301 a few times. I love the features and Hst+ transmission of the L6060 but for the price difference I could get rim guard filled tires, root grapple, rotary cutter, pallet forks, and still be saving money. Both machines will fit my needs. What are your thoughts?

Unless Kubota has changed the specs since I bought mine, the MX5800 is only available in HST. You'll get the hydro trans regardless of whether you get the L6060 or the MX5800.

The L6060 outweighs the MX by a few pounds but IMO, the MX5800 is more of a work horse with it's larger front tires and beefier front axle. If you're getting a FEL, the LA1065 on the MX will lift a bit more than the LA1055 on the L. I find the MX is a little more stable when carrying a load at max height.

I use the MX for heavy earth work and keep the L6060 for lighter tasks like mowing and plowing snow. That's not to say the L6060 won't do the same work but I prefer to spare the more expensive machine from the heavy stuff.

I spend more hours on the L6060 so I enjoy the creature comforts of the Grand L. If you can do without features like an air ride seat (optional), hi / low range in each of the 3 speeds, quieter engine, auto throttle advance, stall guard, an intellipanel that displays more info than the MX, tilt wheel, rubber floor mat and many other minor details, then by all means, save some money and go for the MX5800. If you can do without a few horses, and can live without the HST, you can save more $$ by looking at the MX5200 GST

I like both machines equally well for the tasks I do. Having two tractors saves me time by not having to swap implements as often.

I'm sure you will be happy with either machine so don't beat yourself up too badly trying to make a decision.