Anyone Own A L6060?

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #41  
I have neither pump nor tank so cannot R & R liquid ballast.

SDT

That sure makes a difference. I said "we"; shoulda said "my brother" as he does all the mechanical stuff. Over time we have acceumulated everything needed as we could only afford well used tractors and equipment, so we have tanks, pumps etc. and if needed, he uses another tractor to remove and transport to a shop. If a person doesn't already have this, it's really not worth buying it.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #42  
I have both an L6060 and an MX5800. They are both in the 60HP range but the L6060 is lighter with a smaller footprint. I have R4's on both and don't notice any significant difference in pulling power. A bigger difference might show up using R1's though.

The L6060 is an open station model. I've had it for almost 2 years (450 hours) and have had no problems at all.

I have only two minor complaints.

1 - The small ROPS mounted toolbox (Missing if you have a cabbed model) There is no convenient place to mount a larger one without interfering with work operations. As a partial fix, I added a pair of these home made tool trays made from PVC pipe fittings:

P1060220.JPG P1060221.JPG

A second set can be placed in either side of the FEL cross tube if desired.

2 - There is no fender handle on the right side since it conflicts with the fender mounted console for the FEL joystick. (Not an issue with a cabbed model) For me, this was awkward since I use the handle when mounting the tractor and to steady myself when mowing a slope. The fix was to buy a right side handle from a MX5800 and mount it slightly out of alignment on the right fender:

P1060399.JPG P1060400.JPG P1060401.JPG P1060402.JPG

Aside from these minor issues, I have no real complaints about the L6060 and would buy it again.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #43  
I have both an L6060 and an MX5800. They are both in the 60HP range but the L6060 is lighter with a smaller footprint. I have R4's on both and don't notice any significant difference in pulling power. A bigger difference might show up using R1's though.

The L6060 is an open station model. I've had it for almost 2 years (450 hours) and have had no problems at all.

The L6060 ROPS model weighs 3990lbs. The MX5800 weighs 3734lbs. I wonder why it feels lighter? It's also slightly larger in every dimension except width.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #44  

I have only two minor complaints.

1 - The small ROPS mounted toolbox (Missing if you have a cabbed model) There is no convenient place to mount a larger one without interfering with work operations. As a partial fix, I added a pair of these home made tool trays made from PVC pipe fittings:

View attachment 593274 View attachment 593275

A second set can be placed in either side of the FEL cross tube if desired.

2 - There is no fender handle on the right side since it conflicts with the fender mounted console for the FEL joystick. (Not an issue with a cabbed model) For me, this was awkward since I use the handle when mounting the tractor and to steady myself when mowing a slope. The fix was to buy a right side handle from a MX5800 and mount it slightly out of alignment on the right fender:

View attachment 593279 View attachment 593280 View attachment 593281 View attachment 593282

Aside from these minor issues, I have no real complaints about the L6060 and would buy it again.

I bought a right side handle from a smaller tractor of the same series for my L6060 ROPS. I was able to mount it in the pre-punched holes in proper alignment after a bit of trimming of the handle with a hack saw and file.

Handy, but it still needs a step on the right side.

SDT

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #45  
I bought a right side handle from a smaller tractor of the same series for my L6060 ROPS. I was able to mount it in the pre-punched holes in proper alignment after a bit of trimming of the handle with a hack saw and file.

Handy, but it still needs a step on the right side.

SDT

When they mounted the third function on my L5740 they had to remove the right side step. My brother added an extension off the deck and mounted the old one on. You might be able to buy an OEM L40 Series with a little fab work. Paul made some right side steps, but I think it might have been a limited run and they are expensive.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #46  
I got my Grand L6060 w/cab and back hoe about a year ago. I was replacing my JD 4310 w/ hoe. I went with the larger HP because I was getting a 79" hydraulic snow blower (Erskine). I do a lot of mowing, bush hogging, box blade or rock rake yard smoothing. The rear tires are loaded. Most every thing I do with this tractor doesn't work it at all. Except the snow blower that will exercise the turbo. It has about 160 hours on it and I like it more every time I use it. I took it to my business a week ago and moved the snow banks back, using a combo of snowblower and loader. There is a small (I call it a trash) can tool box beside the seat in the cab. I made tool box inside the loader frame tube to hold the tools it takes to remove the 3 point hitch arms and install the back hoe. So far no regrets going from JD to Kubota.

rQRFBjHwTCyye5wtnnagoA.jpg

99v81SAYStyU3MmveXsMFA.jpg

9r%5AdFsSIeVFVXpC85kIQ.jpg

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #47  
One more thing I forgot to mention. I would't pay for the factory over head lights AGAIN. I replaced the fronts with LED's already. They are way brighter and cheeper than factory halogen.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #48  
One more thing I forgot to mention. I would't pay for the factory over head lights AGAIN. I replaced the fronts with LED's already. They are way brighter and cheeper than factory halogen.

I need to revisit using the loader tubes for chain storage. I like your solution... what type of pipe is that, and does the expanding plug snug up inside a of the added pipe?
I looked for a plug last year, but couldn’t find a size that would work directly in the metal tube.

/ Anyone Own A L6060? #50  
Lowes and Home Depot carry that same plug, $5 and change. ;)