Anyone know about this tiller?

/ Anyone know about this tiller? #1  

DeNiro

Tractor
Kioti KL3054 / Iseki TL2100
My neighbor is cleaning out his garage and has an old tiller to discard. It is packed away pretty tight and taking a picture is nearly impossible in the dark garage, but I will discribe it best I can.
The tiller is old and has not been in use for about 20 years. It is rear tine and the motor sits at the front with the pto shaft facing forward and it appears to have about 3 or four different sized pulleys. The belt runs to the transmission sitting directly below the engine with an equal number of pulleys of varing sizes. This drives the tines in the rear which are covered just like a Troybuilt. Same color and wheel style as a Troybuilt.
It has several gear levers like the Troy and the handle for the tiller will pivot from side to side.
The tines appear to be round steel bars bend into an S pattern and sharp on the ends.
I thought it was a TroyBuilt until I climbed over to inspect it closely.
What is it and is it worth trying to rebuild????

/ Anyone know about this tiller? #2  
That's not enough information for me to even guess whether it's worth working on, but maybe it will be for someone else.

/ Anyone know about this tiller?
I guess what I am looking for is a brand name and then I can get some idea of parts availablity and value.
I have a Troybuilt now, but I have some hope of a tiller for one of my sons that as just started his first garden and is too far away to haul a tiller back and forth.
If nothing else the motor has some value for another project.

/ Anyone know about this tiller? #4  
If the red color is original, might be a Simplicity. Ariens made rear tine tillers back in the day, but they would be orange. If this machine dates back before say 1965, could be a lot of things, a picture sure would be helpful. Or it might be one of the European imports that hit the shores in the mid 1970's during Troy-Bilt's heyday under GardenWay assoc. From your description, it sounds like it's bigger than a Troy-Bilt horse?

/ Anyone know about this tiller?
I dug it out today and I am in the process of inspection. I will get a piture up tomorrow when it is not rainning.
The color could be orange or a faded red. The engine is a 3 hp briggs that the code tells me it was built in 1970. It is a brown color so it may not be original.
The engine pivots to the side to tighten or engage the front mounted belt and there is a rotating lever to the tramsmission that engages the wheels.
The engine appears to be in good condition and the whole rig was stored inside for the last thirty years. I removed and drained the gas tank and have it full of muratic acid and hot water. The fuel line was closed so I am hoping the carb is clean.
Tomorrow I will fill the tank with rocks and evaporust and finish cleaning by shaking it a thousand times.
Another unique feature is the handlebars are wood at the upper ends or hand grip area.
I will get a picture on and I hope some one can recognize this vintage machine.

/ Anyone know about this tiller? #6  
Wooden handlebars? WOW! I have no idea what it could be, but I am looking forward to seeing the pictures!