Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ??

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #71  
Since owning and operating ranch for last 30 yrs, the moles have really taken-off around the 2-acre house area. I use cinch traps for gophers and have caught 100's of them and have them under control; the moles I do not.

Looking for solutions that one person can implement to start knocking out these pests. I know they are moles, not voles or gophers...I really would appreciate your help and suggestions on any means you have been able to successfully eradicate them. Thank you very much !!
I had an older gentleman here in WA that showed me a trap that has worked wonders for me. I have just under 3acres of which about 1 is grass I maintain and mow. About 3/4 of that was infested with mole hills. I first purchased 3 of these traps from him in Sept of 2014 and he told me he that I probably only had one or two moles. He also let me know that he got them from traplineproducts.com and he puts a short (14"-16") coated SS cable and flag on them for nothing (he charged me the same price as the website charges for just the trap although they're very reasonable IMHO). They are a stainless wire trap with a stainless spring and the website has great instructions. I've caught 47 moles since then and bought several more. All but one of the original traps have worn out so I'm working with 9 traps now. I've gotten 2 moles this year already and soaking all 9 traps right now for a few that are coming up near my barn and at the end of my driveway.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #72  
I had a Great Pyrenees that did a number on them but her 4' wide and 2' holes were way more of a problem than the moles.....
Right on! Our dogs regularly turn the soil around here and catch quite a few. They also catch mice and rats and leave 'em about like trophies!

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #73  
The best and easiest way is chewing gum. I use spearment, unwrap and roll up and poke a hole in the run and shove the gum in the run and cover back up. The sweatness attracks them and the gum plugs them up and kills them. I've gotten rid of hundreds of them this way.
Have you ever done a mole autopsy to find gum inside it?

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #74  
Since owning and operating ranch for last 30 yrs, the moles have really taken-off around the 2-acre house area. I use cinch traps for gophers and have caught 100's of them and have them under control; the moles I do not.

Looking for solutions that one person can implement to start knocking out these pests. I know they are moles, not voles or gophers...I really would appreciate your help and suggestions on any means you have been able to successfully eradicate them. Thank you very much !!
Rat Terrier

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #75  
Maybe Carl Spackler from Caddyshack could help?

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #76  

I have found a product at Lowe’s,we used it in a spot around the house and they left and haven’t been back for six months now.It is a solution of castor oil sprayed on the ground,don’t know if would be cost effective for a large area but was going to look into buying castor oil and making my own mix.They left immediately after spraying.

Attachments

• E533BB17-0D04-49D2-91DC-916942BA76A4.jpeg
    E533BB17-0D04-49D2-91DC-916942BA76A4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
   / Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #77  
Maybe Carl Spackler from Caddyshack could help?
Sandy: "I want you to kill every gopher on the course!"

Carl Spackler: "Check me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key..."

Sandy: "Gophers, ya great git! Not golfers! The little brown furry rodents!"

Carl Spackler: "We can do that... we don't even have to have a reason."

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #79  
2 solutions for you:

1/. Find most recent molehill , insert length of hose attached to tractor/lawn mower exhaust and tamp down. Start engine & run until exhaust starts to come out of adjacent mounds. Job done.

2/. This needs a couple of Labs: take excrement from the Labs & insert it into molehills & level. Job done!

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #80  
2 solutions for you:

1/. Find most recent molehill , insert length of hose attached to tractor/lawn mower exhaust and tamp down. Start engine & run until exhaust starts to come out of adjacent mounds. Job done.

2/. This needs a couple of Labs: take excrement from the Labs & insert it into molehills & level. Job done!
#2 lab work works both ways. Got a hole the dogs are digging in? Collect all their poop and put it in the hole. No more digging there! :oops: