Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ??

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #51  
Since owning and operating ranch for last 30 yrs, the moles have really taken-off around the 2-acre house area. I use cinch traps for gophers and have caught 100's of them and have them under control; the moles I do not.

Looking for solutions that one person can implement to start knocking out these pests. I know they are moles, not voles or gophers...I really would appreciate your help and suggestions on any means you have been able to successfully eradicate them. Thank you very much !!
I've had good success by poisoning them I fill bottlecaps with decon, and hot bacon grease. when it set just drop them in the holes. If you have dogs or cats, should probably not do this.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #52  
Spray your yard for GRUBS. The moles or voles chase the GRUBS. Skunks and Coons will also dig them up and leave round circular holes.

I have treated for grubs with some success in the lawn area...not practical in the larger area. I've also used a product called MOLETOX, where it was practical. It kills moles and voles (which are a larger problem for me).
Moles tend to be a long-term problem; good luck.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #53  
We have two dogs, so can't use poison. For the past three years, I have used Juicy Fruit gum (15 pieces for $1). I just find the active tunnel, dig a small hole and stick in a piece of gum. I may wear gloves or not, does not make any difference. I usually put out about 10-15 pieces of gum at a time and then wait several days to see new runs.
Only one night did I have a opossum dig up my gum- a dog never has. This gum is also much cheaper than poison.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #54  
We have about 7 barn cats they run around and no moles or any other little critters

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #55  
The best and easiest way is chewing gum. I use spearment, unwrap and roll up and poke a hole in the run and shove the gum in the run and cover back up. The sweatness attracks them and the gum plugs them up and kills them. I've gotten rid of hundreds of them this way.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #56  
There is a lot of info on the net that debunks the chewing gum method. Mainly that moles are insect and meat eaters, not looking for artificially sweetened chewing gum.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #57  
I'll echo what some others have said and treat for grubs. They are bad for the lawn anyway. Its not instant results, as it takes a couple years to actually get them all if you time the applications right....but once you eliminate the moles food source....they will move on

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #58  
Since owning and operating ranch for last 30 yrs, the moles have really taken-off around the 2-acre house area. I use cinch traps for gophers and have caught 100's of them and have them under control; the moles I do not.

Looking for solutions that one person can implement to start knocking out these pests. I know they are moles, not voles or gophers...I really would appreciate your help and suggestions on any means you have been able to successfully eradicate them. Thank you very much !!
There is a product in Canada Called 'Shots' or something similar Like a large firecracker 5 in a package. TSC store. If you cannot find them Try plugging a lot of the holes and leave a few in a row about 20' apart open. Have some shovelfulls of dirt handy and insert a lighted Highway Fusee into the hole and cover with dirt. Repeat for the other 2 holes. Continue on doing that heading from house to edge of your lawn.
I have seen moles dig right out of the ground to avoid fumes. Others will be dead in their tunnels. Good luck. You may have to repeat this process a few times. Moles never came back. I ordered a mole trap, never used it.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #59  
I've had good success by poisoning them I fill bottlecaps with decon, and hot bacon grease. when it set just drop them in the holes. If you have dogs or cats, should probably not do this.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #60  
There is a thing sold at Ace Hardware, Amazon and other places that one lights and sticks in the mole run. It creates a gas that kills the moles. I usually use two or three when I have a mole. There is also a certain amount of psychological satisfaction in this method! Seriously, I find it works better than the traps. Victor Gasser or something like that.