Buying Advice Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380)

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #11  
Link here:
Kubota BX238 Tractor Cab - Steel Enclosure - ATV CABS LLC

Curious if anyone has any info on them.

I like the idea that they can be installed & removed fairly easily.
And that they are hard cabs, with decent options (Wipers, glass winders, heater option)

I like the new factory Kubota BX2380 cab (Curtis really) but it's permanent. Only the doors come off.
Don't wanna deal with a cab while mowing under trees in summer.

So if you have one:
Do the winders fog up without a heater in winter?
Does it seem well built?
How does it hold up from several assemblings/disassemblings?
Did you get some of the options? (Wipers, heater, glass side opening doors)
What did you end up deciding? I'm in exactly the same boat and I have the same considerations about the permanent cab and was looking at the ATVCabs.net for the same reason - appears relatively easy on / easy off. Appreciate any further information you found out or to hear what you ended up deciding and how that's going.

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #12  
I’m in the market for a cab for my BX2670, as well. I’ve looked into all. Frankly, I think the ATV cab with some realistic options, was like $5800. That’s more than any cab I looked at. I figured I can buy several original tractor cabs for the cost of any hard cab, and for a few months of use, it should be fine. If I bought a new BX2680 tomorrow, I’d consider the factory cab, but only if I could remove all windows and doors.

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #13  
Let me throw something out there from personal experience. In late 2012 I built a cab for the L3200 I had at the time. I made it in sections for easier off and on. It only came off the first Summer. After that, I just lifted the doors off. Running one of those 2-speed "bus driver" fans kept the doorless tractor more comfortable in the heat than when it was topless.

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #14  
Let me throw something out there from personal experience. In late 2012 I built a cab for the L3200 I had at the time. I made it in sections for easier off and on. It only came off the first Summer. After that, I just lifted the doors off. Running one of those 2-speed "bus driver" fans kept the doorless tractor more comfortable in the heat than when it was topless.
That mirrors our experience with the Curtis cab on our bx2660.
During the summer we take off the doors, the windshield and the soft back, leaving the top and the frame.
In my opinion that keeps you cooler than if we were to take the whole thing off because it gives you a sun shade.
The only downside is that you have to trim around the edges better to clear the cab.

Aaron Z

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #15  
So I bought a BX2380 without the cab. I love the ease of on/off with the ATVcabs brand, but frankly, the mid to top if the line Curtis or factory Curtis are worth ALOT more for the minimum cost over the ATV. Add wiper, sliding glass, and heater, and the ATV is about $8k. The best factory Curtis is less.
I’m still thinking about the Original. Almost hit “Purchase” in my cart 3x. Now that I have a dedicated zero for mowing, the tractor is for bagging, loader work, and snow removal. I have no need to remove the full cab. I just can’t see spending $8k or $5k. The ATV is plexiglass windows, and I’ll bet a fortune to replace with the size and rear bent window. I think they likely don’t sell many due to the cost with minimal options over a factory cab. I’d consider at $3500 in comparison to the mid-grade Curtis, but that’s it.

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #16  
My BX2230 has the Sims cab on it. Door and right side are clear vinyl and the door has a steel frame. Both come off for the summer. Front and back windows are glass and stay in all the time. Jon

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #17  
My BX2230 has the Sims cab on it. Door and right side are clear vinyl and the door has a steel frame. Both come off for the summer. Front and back windows are glass and stay in all the time. Jon

Thanks for the recommendation. The Sims Yukon for the 70-Series is $4,500 with soft doors. Not much savings over the base ATV, which is removed in minutes. Sims doesn’t show an 80-Series yet. I’ll have to contact them.

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #18  
Apologize if this is off topic, I am not sure if you are considering soft cabs or not. I ended up getting the "Original Tractor Cab" for my BX1880 because it was significantly less money and I need it only for clearing snow in the winter. It has worked out great for me. It comes flat packed so the initial install takes some time but when you remove it, you don't have to completely disassemble it. I take the frame off in like 3 sections. I got the glass window, and the manual wiper. Let me know if you have other specific questions on it.

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #19  
Thanks, atitus74. Have you found the manual wiper sufficient? I’ve often thought the electric to be a perk I’ll pay for, but rarely use. However, I face west, nothing around, and expect the blowing snow melting on the windshield to be a pain and requiring me to flip wiper on/off to avoid chattering.
Have you considered screen doors in summer for $350?

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #20  
In the summer I'm happy to have it off. It doesn't take me too long to mow, so I don't feel the need for the canopy or doors. The manual wiper works well. They included a ceramic electric heater but I intentionally don't use it. I just wear a jacket. Its great to be out of the elements, and since the inside of the cab is not heated, it really doesn't fog or have snow stuck all over it.