Buying Advice Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380)

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #1  

Yota_85

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35se
Link here:
Kubota BX238 Tractor Cab - Steel Enclosure - ATV CABS LLC

Curious if anyone has any info on them.

I like the idea that they can be installed & removed fairly easily.
And that they are hard cabs, with decent options (Wipers, glass winders, heater option)

I like the new factory Kubota BX2380 cab (Curtis really) but it's permanent. Only the doors come off.
Don't wanna deal with a cab while mowing under trees in summer.

So if you have one:
Do the winders fog up without a heater in winter?
Does it seem well built?
How does it hold up from several assemblings/disassemblings?
Did you get some of the options? (Wipers, heater, glass side opening doors)

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #2  
Yota,

I have a BX2370 (same basic machine as yours) and i have an Original Tractor Cab cab on mine in the winter and its awesome!! I had one of their cabs on my Wheelhorse tractor before this. It痴 easy to put on and take off! I have the glass windshield with a wiper and lights. I am a big weather wimp and I find I do NOT need heat in the cab. I wear a light jacket and Im fine, you get heat from the transmission and engine.
I think it was about $1000 delivered to my door!
PM me for pictures or drop by next November and Ill give you the tour! Im halfway B/T Boston and Plymouth

9E6DF1C8-8E89-418F-9395-72096DAD681C.jpeg

Cheers,
BN

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #4  
We have a 2009ish BX2660 with a Curtis cab and have been happy with it other than the Velcro holding the back on has fallen off (replaced it with snaps).
The doors, windshield and back come off in the spring and it runs around all summer mowing with a shade canopy.
We prune or mulch the trees so that they don't hit the cab.

Aaron Z

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #5  
SeaBee,

I don’t have a BH on my machine, but the rear panel is removable so I guess you could use a Backhoe with it. I had my other cab on my Wheeelhorse fir 21 years and it worked Mint!

I should add there the installation of my cab required NO new holes or modifications to the tractor! It takes me about 1 hour to install in the Fall and about 1/2 in the Spring to remove it. I do have a ceiling hoist in the garage which makes it easier.

Cheers,
BN

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #6  
Meant to mention that we had an Original Tractor Cab on a Cub Cadet 3000 series where I worked a while back, it was on the snowblower tractor, worked ok, but was a little finicky to put on and it was nowhere near as nice as the Curtis on the Kubota (granted, the OTC was ~$800 with a glass windshield vs significantly more for the Curtis).

Aaron Z

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380)
Are they made so you can use the BH with them on?Ron
They have 2 models. One for the 1880/2380/2680 and one for the 23S. Guess it's different because of the different ROPS

Byrd,Do you find the windows fog up, without a defroster/heat in cab?The ATVCabs cab does look nice. And considerably cheaper (nearly $1k) than the factory cab.

The Curtis "advantage" cab does looks appealing at $3400 with heat & front wiper.But it's permanent, not really fully removable for summer. Plus there's the installation cost to figure in.

/ Anybody buy/install or review an atvcabs cab for a BX? (2370/2380) #10  
Yota,
I have a BX2370 (same basic machine as yours) and i have an Original Tractor Cab cab on mine in the winter and its awesome!! I had one of their cabs on my Wheelhorse tractor before this. Itç—´ easy to put on and take off! I have the glass windshield with a wiper and lights. I am a big weather wimp and I find I do NOT need heat in the cab. I wear a light jacket and Im fine, you get heat from the transmission and engine.
I think it was about $1000 delivered to my door!

I have this on my BX1880 as well, same as above. I have the manual wiper, glass windshield. No fogging issues, and although I got a free electric heater with mine, I haven't felt the need to install it. First time install takes a bit, however you can take it on/off pretty quick in sections. Its really nice to be out of the wind and blowing snow.