Andrew Camarata

/ Andrew Camarata #341  
Could be, there might be just an on or off on the pto, but I saw no controls on the hydraulic side. I
watched the whole video. Never worked on a Hyster or a Cat, my experience has been with Komatsu,Dresser,Fiat- Allis and a couple others. Have a good one!
My only experience is with a Hyster on a 20T recovery vehicle back in the "Be all you can Be" Army days so it was a different application and we used the boom for fddling around on helicopters.

/ Andrew Camarata #342  
I would be surprised if the all the functions of the winch including power are not provided by the pump that Andrew installed on the D7. I'm guessing that this older CAT wouldn't even have live PTO but could be wrong.

/ Andrew Camarata #343  
Could be, there might be just an on or off on the pto, but I saw no controls on the hydraulic side. I
watched the whole video. Never worked on a Hyster or a Cat, my experience has been with Komatsu,Dresser,Fiat- Allis and a couple others. Have a good one!
Isn't this the hydraulic valve for the winch at 26:46 where he pulls the bleed screw on the pressure outlet from the pump to the valve?
1646047356595.png

Aaron Z

/ Andrew Camarata #344  
Wow, I think he was pretty clear that it's a PTO powered winch and that the hydraulics are for the clutch and brake.

/ Andrew Camarata #346  
Wow, I think he was pretty clear that it's a PTO powered winch and that the hydraulics are for the clutch and brake.
I'll have to watch it again, that's a big pump for just running the clutch and brake, it appears to be bigger than the one on our Case 480F and that is rated for 23GPM at 2350PSI, equivalent to a 35HP electric motor or a 70HP gas motor per Surplus Center's calculator.

Aaron Z

/ Andrew Camarata #347  
Isn't this the hydraulic valve for the winch at 26:46 where he pulls the bleed screw on the pressure outlet from the pump to the valve?
View attachment 735385

Aaron Z
Yep, that is the hydraulic valve that I completely missed, I did watch the video thru. Wife was showing videos of the grand kids while I was watching, could be the reason I missed a glaring valve. Never did see the linkage.

/ Andrew Camarata