Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #61  
For 20 bucks from Amazon this doesn't suck. Definitely beats old methods of using thread pitch gauges, taps , and dyes.

Attachments

• KIMG2565.JPG
    KIMG2565.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • KIMG2564.JPG
    KIMG2564.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
   / Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #63  
A comment on Amazon reviews: Sort by Most Recent.

This gets rid of the 'Free if you review it' complimentary reviews. And cases where recent sales are junk sold under an outdated description - which happens.
Yep I always do it like that too

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #64  
For 20 bucks from Amazon this doesn't suck. Definitely beats old methods of using thread pitch gauges, taps , and dyes.
Thanks for this. That looks nice. I had been reluctant to try similar ones because I was concerned that the gauges were made out of a soft aluminum and I wondered how they would hold up. Do you have a link?

All the best, Peter

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #65  
Thanks for this. That looks nice. I had been reluctant to try similar ones because I was concerned that the gauges were made out of a soft aluminum and I wondered how they would hold up. Do you have a link?

All the best, Peter
Haven't used it much so cant speak for durability of threads yet I would want the threads of this to get screwed up before a tapped hole anyway, but it definitely works much better than previous methods Ive used to determine size and especially thread pitch plus I don't have to worry about screwing up threads using taps, dies, or hardened thread restorers. It's also much easier to determine thread pitch over pitch gauges I previously used. I do however wish it had more sizes up to 9/16ths. But for now I'm really glad I bought this including the plastic organizational case it came in. Can't find my Amazon link but depending what you do I recommend getting a larger kit with more sizes.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #66  
Been lucky on alot but the best so far isn't really all that big.

I totally despise those California compliant (or whatever you call them) gas caps on fuel cans that hardly work worth a crap.

I get the old style flex style off of Amazon. 3 pack, course and fine threaded nuts and 3 vents.

Sometimes it's the small things in life