Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #51  
What I do at Harbor Freight. I always belong to the ITC club which costs 30 bucks a year but every time I buy something there, it's usually a big ticket item and in the ITC section so in reality, it costs me nothing. That and the no interest on their card if I charge it which I always do.

Amazonian is always bugging me to get their Prime card, never do. In reality, I only have 2 credit cards and don't need or want any more.

Far as I'm concerned you cannot beat the Kroger Mastercard and we both have one and combine the rewards. Last trip to the Super, we got 300 bucks worth of stuff and it cost us zip and we get fuel points as well. I have not paid sticker price for fuel in ages. Last fill up was $1.20 a gallon. Finally, I like the fact that the Kroger Mastercard is US based so if you call them, you actually talk to someone that speaks English, not like Capital One for instance, Those people don't speak good English at all. Sound like they are in India.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #52  
I'm a sucker for free shipping and to cheap to pay for prime I usually buy several of something or shop around for consumables ill eventually use, to hit the minimum qualifying order cost. For less expensive stuff I don't mind not seeing it in person returning stuff is easy fortunately. Cuz seems like products descriptions aren't t exactly described well anymore.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #53  
Product descriptions today do seem to be only 'representative'. Why I like to actually touch the stuff and examine it before buying, why I like HF, even if the stores stink like Chinese rubber.

I spend a wad of money at HF and more now than ever.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #54  
I'm a sucker for free shipping and to cheap to pay for prime I usually buy several of something or shop around for consumables I’ll eventually use, to hit the minimum qualifying order cost. For less expensive stuff I don't mind not seeing it in person returning stuff is easy fortunately. Cuz seems like products descriptions aren't t exactly described well anymore.
Product descriptions are written in Chinglish.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #55  
Aren't you lucky! That's enough to make a tractor bucket, or a whole bunch of targets.

I have had good luck with a Lotos plasma/TIG/stick welder, though I am thinking of putting a hypertherm cutting torch on it when I use up the consumables that I have. Having a plasma torch really expanded my metalworking abilities.

All the best,

Peter

My Lotos 3 in 1 is still working too, next year will be 10 years old bought on a amazon sale for $390 + $20 for overnight shipping had it at 9:30 the next morning.

Just ordered a 96" Fan for the garage. Another no big name product with a prime discount applied also an MT3 er-32 collet holder with a .0002 TIR

Last edited:
   / Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #56  
Product descriptions are written in Chinglish.

it always amazes me that a low labor cost company would invest all the time to reverse-engineer, tool, and knockoff a product- then hand all the documentation over to someone who took an English class in the eighth grade.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #57  
it always amazes me that a low labor cost company would invest all the time to reverse-engineer, tool, and knockoff a product- then hand all the documentation over to someone who took an English class in the eighth grade.
I always thought they use a translator application.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #58  
We, mostly wife, buys at Amazon often. More for convenience, as most stores are at least 25 minutes away, super stores around an hour. I tend to do my due diligence before buying from them, reviews etc. I also check the price on same item from other retailers. Amazon does not have the low pricing on everything it had 3 years ago. We have Prime, had it free for 10 years or so through work, so we're hooked. Free returns is nice. Return maybe 10 or so a year. Almost all because it was not as expected. IIRC only one because it was a shitty product.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #59  
All my Amazon prime shipping has been super slow usually around 14 days.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #60  
not the same thing, comparing buying just about anything on amazon to buying harbor freight products from harbor freight, unless you limit it to only those products that amazon puts out.