Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Glomming off the Harbor Freight thread, this one is for products you bought from Amazon that work(s) as expected, or better. Feel free to start a thread for stuff that does suck if you are so inclined. This is not for railing against the company itself, their policies, practices, shipping or customer service. There are a number of other threads on those issues.

For openers, this little doohickey:

Handheld Vacuum Cordless Rechargeable,LAVEDGE 9Kpa Wet&Dry Powerful Suction Hand Vacuum,Mini Vacuum Cleaner with Replaceable HEPA Filter,Power Display Hand held Vacuuming for Home,Office,Car

71R2-Z+VGeS._AC_SY300_SX300_.jpg

Sort of a more modern version of the old Dustbuster. Reasonably powerful for the size. Has an add-on snout for reaching into small areas, a hose if you need it and a spare filter. I've been cleaning out some cabinets and cubby holes and it got to the far back corners fine. Sure beats digging out the bigger vacuums you have to plug in. Can't say much about durability since I just got it yesterday, but for $30, you don't expect too much. Main thing I don't like so far is that the bottom doesn't have any flat spots so it rolls over when you set it down. I might end up gluing a small piece of something to it once I know I won't have to return it.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #2  
Bought a Dowel jig easy to use and works like it should hand crank sxs windshield wipers work great and half the price I could buy elsewhere.

Last edited:
   / Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #4  
Glomming off the Harbor Freight thread, this one is for products you bought from Amazon that work(s) as expected, or better. Feel free to start a thread for stuff that does suck if you are so inclined. This is not for railing against the company itself, their policies, practices, shipping or customer service. There are a number of other threads on those issues.

For openers, this little doohickey:

Handheld Vacuum Cordless Rechargeable,LAVEDGE 9Kpa Wet&Dry Powerful Suction Hand Vacuum,Mini Vacuum Cleaner with Replaceable HEPA Filter,Power Display Hand held Vacuuming for Home,Office,Car

71R2-Z+VGeS._AC_SY300_SX300_.jpg

Sort of a more modern version of the old Dustbuster. Reasonably powerful for the size. Has an add-on snout for reaching into small areas, a hose if you need it and a spare filter. I've been cleaning out some cabinets and cubby holes and it got to the far back corners fine. Sure beats digging out the bigger vacuums you have to plug in. Can't say much about durability since I just got it yesterday, but for $30, you don't expect too much. Main thing I don't like so far is that the bottom doesn't have any flat spots so it rolls over when you set it down. I might end up gluing a small piece of something to it once I know I won't have to return it.
Bought one of those, from a different seller (exactly the same) and it.. sucked. LOL. Threw it away.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #5  
Bought a replacement battery for a Dyson V6 still works great and was a lot less than what Dyson sells them for. Where's the bad things amazon sells?

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #6  
I bought a 6 tool Dewalt XR combo set and it is fine.

Also a spool of 1.3mm .325 half skip Stihl chainsaw chain as my regular dealer just couldn't get any in due to shipping problems and it was also fine. Cost a little more than buying locally but was needed prior to spring thaw.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #7  
Bought 50 4.5" cutoff wheels for a grinder hold up better than others and a were a lot less $$.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #8  
Bought one of those, from a different seller (exactly the same) and it.. sucked. LOL. Threw it away.
Yea,well is'nt that jest of it? Where items are bought effect's quility more so than manufacturer? Sort of an apples to onions comparison with Harbor Freight.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #9  
I tend to consolidate my orders so I don't pay shipping. Not about to give Bezo's any money for his Prime garbage. never bought anything I wasn't happy with but none of it is impulse buying anyway.

Actually, the only reason I use them is I live way out in flyover country so going to a brick front store is a 40 mile jaunt. Easier to have it delivered and have one of those inept Amazon drivers drive on my lawn which they do regularly or back into the mailbox and knock it down which they have done more than once. Always wonder how they explain the large dent in the back doors when they get back to wherever they came from

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #10  
I ordered a new rear rim for my 8n Ford tractor from there, and it was priced comparable or just slightly more than other on-line sources, and it arrived within a couple days of my placing the order. I also ordered a package deal that included two new inner tubes, in case I punctured one in the change.

The new rim worked well and I was able to replace the 70 year old rusted out original with no trouble. The best thing was, a second rim arrived a few days later. Now, I will be able to change out the other side, if and when that rusts out, at no additional cost.