Air Compressor site window

/ Air Compressor site window #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
I just set up my 60gal vertical IR compressor and it does not have a oil site window, the IR rep says "they don't make one for my unit" but there is a "plug" where one could go. do they make generic ones I could get?

/ Air Compressor site window #3  
I just set up my 60gal vertical IR compressor and it does not have a oil site window, the IR rep says "they don't make one for my unit" but there is a "plug" where one could go. do they make generic ones I could get?

Even if you find a sight glass that will screw in where that plug is, do you know for sure that's the right level for the oil? How did the IR rep say you are supposed to check the oil, or how full did he say it should be. I know some compressors (usually aluminum) need the oil filled right to the very top of the fill hole.

/ Air Compressor site window
Thanks guys. the manual is unclear so I called the IR rep. He said "the oil level (understand the oil filler hole is on a forward angle) should be at the bottom of the top thread. However, when I try to fill it "to the bottom of the TOP thread, it starts to over flow and pour out. it does not quite make it...it seems to be running just fine but I like to be precise with everything. For 1,200 dollars and paying (I'm sure) some exta cash just for the IR brand name, you'd think they'd put a site window in like some of there less expensive competitiors. It bugs me that some companies that are "market leaders" become complacent and cockey with what they roll out. One day their name alone is not going to carry them!