Agco Allis 4660?

/ Agco Allis 4660? #1  

Stu K

Tractor
AC 185, MF 65, MF 165,
Just reaching out to see if anyone can give me insight on the Agco Allis 4660? I know these guys came from the Duetz line and are air cooled.

I have not been able to find much review information to determine their dependablity. They are offering a 2001 with canopy and agco loader for $8000.00. It has 1200 hours and looks like it was taken care of.

Anyone with experience out there recommend this purchase or should I walk away?

Thank you in advance!

/ Agco Allis 4660? #2  
Is it made in Germany by Deutz? Some made in other parts of Europe. If it is, its a good tractor. Had an air cooled Deutz, probably 50HP, on one the farms with an 8' twin spindle bush hog for many years. Very simple, reliable, rugged tractor.

Last edited:
   / Agco Allis 4660?
I believe it was made in Italy. It is air cooled with an SLW 3 cylinder diesel.

/ Agco Allis 4660? #4  
Looks like that one is made by SAME, still an equally good tractor as the Deutz ones.

Any SAME, Deutz, Lamborghini, Hurlimann and Landini tractor made pre 2005, pretty much the air cooled ones, will run forever. 10,000 hours is nothing on those tractors. Really solid and well build machines.

Sometime post 2005, is where the made the Same-Deutz-Lamborghini group also known as SDF group. They still made good tractors, however, started to add lots of electronics and it can get problematic sometimes. They also went with water-cooled engines.

/ Agco Allis 4660?
Thanks for the insight guys.

/ Agco Allis 4660? #6  
The best farm tractor money can buy is Fendt. They are an AGCO company.
Anyway, Fendt uses a LOT of Deutz diesel engines. Mann diesel engines, too.
I have heard these engines routinely go 15,000 hours without being touched.

/ Agco Allis 4660?
I am an AC guy but they made so many moves over the years its hard to know what models with the Allis name you can trust or not.

/ Agco Allis 4660? #8  
Honestly I don’t think they made any bad farm tractors. Its a combination of Deutz, White, Allis Chalmers, SAME, AGCO. Those are good names trusted by farmers.

Last edited:
   / Agco Allis 4660? #10  
I have a 4660, they are SLH made and although they ARE air cooled, they are NOT Deutz...

SR