Tires Advise needed on correct tires

/ Advise needed on correct tires #1  

jedjoe

Silver Member
Tractor
new holland TC 35A 2004
Hi all,

I have a 2004 New Holland tc35 4wd tractor with the 16 FEL. After 8 years and 1800 hours of good service, it's time for me to replace my front tires for the first time. Having never done this before with my tractor, I'm trying to insure I get the right tires for the job. I have Titans on them now, size 10-16.5, R4 industrial style, and just searching on the net has given me the impression that I need to insure I get the right type. They are trac loader; is that a heavier gauge for like skid steers? Pricing is all over the place, but probably because of the gauge issue.

I definitely only want american made tires.

Recommendations greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jed

/ Advise needed on correct tires #2  
Skid steer tires are R4's. You'll find some with a rim guard feature that helps with scuffs at the rim/tire juncture. Look for 100% natural rubber tires as they don't chunk as much and compare tread depth as they vary greatly. You might check with your closest Bobcat dealer. I've heard good things about their Bobcat branded tires, especially for the price. I don't know where they're made though.

Not sure, but I think that the Titans are only a 6 ply sidewall. I'd personally go 8 ply like the Titan rear tires.