Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket

/ Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket #1  

Bigfootconcepts

Tractor
White 2-65, LS MT342HC
I have a MT342HC which came with a LL4106 FEL with a standard 72" bucket. I think the bucket is actually made by Bobcat. I want to weld on 2 chain grab hooks on the top at either side and a 2" hitch receiver in the middle. The top of the bucket seems to have a 3" x 2" channel across the top, then a 3/16" sheet of steel wrapped & welding around it to form the top of the bucket. I am wondering if I should beef up the thickness of the top of bucket by first welding the hooks and receiver to a 1/4" steel plate (4 1/4" x 45") then weld it to the top of the bucket. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/ Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket #2  
Thats one of the first things I did to my tractor after it was dropped off. I used a couple of 3/4" flat stock, welded the hooks to those, then welded the stock to the bucket, just in front of the lift arms.
Here is a screen shot taken from a video I made about them
Hooks.PNG

Here is a link to the video where I talk about them:

/ Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket #3  
I have bolt on chain hooks on the same loader and bucket. Just had to get long enough bolts to go thru the square tube across the top.

I haven't found a need to add a hitch receiver yet. I pull a lot of stuff with the chains. I suppose it would be easier with a hitch but I'm not a fan of pulling stuff with a hitch - totally different that pulling a load on wheels.

Example skidding a log with a hitch receiver is a no-go (my opinion) - chains NP. Just gotta know you're limitations and the equipment.

You need to know the breaking strength of the hitch and if you exceed it, **** gets real.... really fast and dangerous AF.

/ Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket #4  
A class 3 hitch? I can't count how many trees I have pulled out of the ground with mine. 8" tree might take two yanks, but they all come out. And that's with my vehicle. Don't get me started about the tractor. I'll jerk a 12" tree with it. Just tie on as high as I can reach. First pull gets it leaning, second pull, bye bye. I sometimes use a 3 ton lever hoist, if I have an anchor tree nearby.

/ Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket
Thats one of the first things I did to my tractor after it was dropped off. I used a couple of 3/4" flat stock, welded the hooks to those, then welded the stock to the bucket, just in front of the lift arms.
Here is a screen shot taken from a video I made about them
View attachment 797412

Here is a link to the video where I talk about them:
Avenger, do you find any flex along the top of your bucket when using the hitch? I see in your video that you are lifting a garbage can. Not sure how heavy that can would be. Do you use it for other things? I intend to use the hitch to move trailers around which have tongue weights of about 200 - 300 lbs.

/ Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket #6  
Avenger, do you find any flex along the top of your bucket when using the hitch? I see in your video that you are lifting a garbage can. Not sure how heavy that can would be. Do you use it for other things? I intend to use the hitch to move trailers around which have tongue weights of about 200 - 300 lbs.
No flex that I notice. Thats actually the primary reason I welded that receiver on there, was for moving trailers around. Makes it MUCH easier. My boat is probably the heaviest. But my utility trailer, even loaded, no problems at all.

I do use an extension too. Puts more stress and strain on it, but makes it easier to see when hooking up to the trailer. No flexing, breaking, or anything. 10/10 highly recommend.

/ Adding Chain Hooks & 2" Hitch Receiver on MT3 Bucket #8  
I bought a bolt on from JU Fabworks. Nice job. 2 grab hooks, 2 d rings and a 2" reciever in the middle, all on one plate that is bolted down. They have lots of options. I also have a square tube across the front of the bucket. Instead of bolting thru it, I drilled and tapped it.