Adding 3rd function for grapple

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #1  

chsdiyer

Silver Member
Tractor
XG3025H
Hello, I'm looking to get a grapple for my XG3025H and know I need to add hydraulic lines for it but that's about as far as my knowledge goes here. Can anyone share any wisdom on what I would need to get to make that happen and where/how to install it? I could probably get help with the install here, just not sure how to spec out what part(s) i'd need and best place to tie in.

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #2  
Summit Hydraulics sells a kit to add third function to your loader joystick with instructions. Basically, all the electrics & solenoid valves, you just need to add hoses & couplers. Other option, if you have rear remotes, is run hoses from the rear to the front of the loader, & use the rear control valves to operate the grapple. Less convenient, but cheaper & just needs longer hoses & wire ties.

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #3  

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #4  
unless this is a job that you want to do yourself ... it might be good to get a quote for the install from a service department of a local dealer, or from an agri maintenance repair place ... they would know that install and parts as routine. Then you can decide if it is worth your personal effort. Plus always good to build relationships for when you really need them. just my 2 cents. Grapples are great 🧑‍🌾

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #5  
I added the WR Long 3rd function kit. I got it from Everything Attachments when I ordered my grapple from them. Its a kit that is easy enough to install. Several videos online on how to to do it. The hardest part is replacing the hard hydraulic line and putting the valve in its place. It connects to the power beyond port on your main valve system. Its sounds harder that it is.

For me though, it has been a love hate relationship with my kit. It died after a about a year, the circuit board, as simple as it is, broke somehow. I had to replace it on the valve. But since that day, its worked perfectly! The other issue I had was the replacement joystick, it's hollow plastic and feels cheap in the hands compared to the factory LS joystick. But that allows for the switch. I was also not a fan of the switch, and preferred buttons. So I replaced the entire joystick! I replaced it with a NIMCO and a new stem for better ergonomics.

Here is some links:
NIMCO Joystick
Stem
WR Long Kit

Here is the video I made of the process of fixing my kit and adding the new joystick:

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #6  
I have 2 extra hoses with the correct fittings that i bought for mine , 2016 XG3025 for sale
here is my link on my 3rd function . my price for everything was $640.00
I used the Summit kit , made my own mount plate aswell . my install

TgaBVnm.jpg

rTBl0pM.jpg

ovaqFMQ.jpg

Last edited:
   / Adding 3rd function for grapple #7  
I added the WR Long 3rd function kit. I got it from Everything Attachments when I ordered my grapple from them. Its a kit that is easy enough to install. Several videos online on how to to do it. The hardest part is replacing the hard hydraulic line and putting the valve in its place. It connects to the power beyond port on your main valve system. Its sounds harder that it is.

For me though, it has been a love hate relationship with my kit. It died after a about a year, the circuit board, as simple as it is, broke somehow. I had to replace it on the valve. But since that day, its worked perfectly! The other issue I had was the replacement joystick, it's hollow plastic and feels cheap in the hands compared to the factory LS joystick. But that allows for the switch. I was also not a fan of the switch, and preferred buttons. So I replaced the entire joystick! I replaced it with a NIMCO and a new stem for better ergonomics.

Here is some links:
NIMCO Joystick
Stem
WR Long Kit

Here is the video I made of the process of fixing my kit and adding the new joystick:

I'll second the W.R. Long kit. My Kioti dealer recommends the kit over the Kioti 3rd function, and I trusted them; I've been quite pleased with it thus far! What's funny is that if I had to find a fault it would be the controls; I have the same complaint regarding the feel, and have been considering replacing it. I'll be checking out the links you've posted for sure.

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #8  
I thought I did a video on the actual install of the WR Long kit!! I couldn't find it for some reason before. I blame my wife! :sneaky:

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple
Wow, thanks for all the great input!!

alexpops - Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I don't have rear remotes, so that wouldn't be an option.

Scardeychicken - the nearest LS dealer is about 2 hours away and the other dealers around here don't typically offer service/support for other brands. However, the Massey dealer here just sold to someone that was more of a truck and equipment repair place so they may be a good place to try now.

Avenger - thanks for the links and the videos. Glad you were able to get the part fixed your self. I had actually seen your install video after clicking on the first link you posted. Thanks for posting though, and for making the content.

1 of u - Thanks for the feedback, really cool mods you made on your tractor. So many times i wish i had a horn. I thought about trying to make my own, but at some point i have to realize i don't have time to do everything. I'm in the middle of trying to do my own pool with the chinese excavator i bought.

tacticalturnip - thanks for the feedback

Does anyone have any feedback on Jobsite attachments - Root Grapple Skid Steer Attachment | 60" they seem to be cheapest with MTL attachments, but a lot of reviews for MTL seems to suggest i'd rather not do business with them.

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #10  
I bought my Land Pride grapple and WR Long third function valve from the local Kubota dealer. He installed everything. No mess - no missteps - has worked perfectly for ten years now.