75+ tractor advice

/ 75+ tractor advice #1  

Chaostamer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 w/ FEL & Kubota M6040 w FEL
I am looking to upgrade from my Mahindra 3215HST to a tractor we can cut and bale hay with (most likely small square bales), in addition to moving hay, manure, and running a snow thrower. We live on the Palouse which means we have hills. I am looking for advice on tractors that are 4wd that would handle the hill work. Can you all help me understand also what I am looking for with respect to center of gravity, width, height, etc.? I have tried to find this information in other posts but apparently I don't even know what to search for as I have read many posts without much luck.

/ 75+ tractor advice #2  
Look at the MF2635L 4x4. It will handle anything you need.

/ 75+ tractor advice
I just got off the phone with a guy selling a New Holland TN85FA. It has 3060 hrs, has "super steering" and 4wd. The price tag is $23,900. Two questions for you: 1) would this tractor do the hay work? 2) Does anyone know if a loader can be put on the tractor? Thanks!

/ 75+ tractor advice
jlsmith - thanks for the lead, I will check it out. Just for my own education (as I am on the front end of a steep learning curve), what about the MF2635L do you think would make it stable on our hills? Also, does the L mean low profile?

/ 75+ tractor advice #5  
Mahindra 30 series tractors are all good basic tractors suited very well for haying operations.

/ 75+ tractor advice #6  
iwould look at case ih 85a or a kubota M SERIES 8540 OR 9540 I WAS TOLD BY DEALER THEY WOULD RUN A BALER the kubota is cheaper then the NH i just priced a 7040 open station fel 4x4 mech shuttle 3 remotes filled tires cast rear rims 35000 i look at mahindra i didnt like it putting loader up it wound dump the bucket at the same time it would stop going up the it would dump the bucket and that mahindra was to light it was a 5010 the salesman said it would lift more the the kubota it would not even think of doing that it would not push thourgh a 2 ton stone pile

/ 75+ tractor advice #7  
The L stands for loader package. Yes is has a longer wheel base and would work well with the hilly countryside.