60 inch mower

/ 60 inch mower #1  

David USMC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jd 345
I am really leaning towards a Kubota 2910. I read a recent post about some difficulty with mounting a 60 inch mid mower. Any experiences would be appreciated. Also, Deere touts their loaders being fast and easy to attach and dettach. I know the physical setup for mounts is different but has anyone had real difficulty with Kubota..QQQ Thanks in advance. David

/ 60 inch mower #2  
David, I don't know anything about their belly mowers; I use a 60" rear discharge Bush Hog finish mower, but the loader on the B2710 can be easily removed or put back on in 2.5 minutes or less. I don't know how they could make it much easier, and I assume (is that a mistake?) that the B2910 is very similar.

Bird

/ 60 inch mower #3  
I took the loader off ny B2100 just because I wanted to see just how easy it was. With zero experience, it took me about 10 minutes to remove and replace the thing. I agree with Bird. Having done it once, next time should take about 2-3 minutes. Couldn't be any easier.

Mike.

/ 60 inch mower #4  
I would think hard about going with a 72" mid-mount mower deck,they are built to withstand the weight of the tractor driving over them for the hook up,this makes the whole process much easier,plus you're nocking out an extra foot of grass with every pass.Only mower any easier to hook up or un hook is a rear mount.

/ 60 inch mower
Thanks for the input, but certain limitations in my property make the 72 inch unusable. Could you elaborate on why the 72inch is better than the 60 inch..QQQ Is the connection easier.QQQ

/ 60 inch mower #6  
I have a 2150 with a 60" mid mower and although it's not as easy to mount as a rear 3 pt. mower, it's not that difficult. With a small lot a belly mower might be easier to maneuver. Have you checked out Mt. Airy tractor yet? I purchased my 2150 there. They're good people and get a lot of trade-ins. I live in the GSO area and found them to be a pleasure to deal with.

Good luck!

/ 60 inch mower #7  
David,go to Kubota Owning on this forum,page 1,under belly-mower.MSullivan gives a good discription of the differances in the decks.The new style 2710/2910 are still using the 72" deck that was previously used on the B2150.I owned a 2150 before we bought the 2710,I'm using the 72" deck from our former tractor on the new one,only differance was the linkage off the tractor,hook-up positions on the deck itself are the same.A mid-mount is a snap to hook up or unhook when you can drive over the deck.