6 days without electricity here so far..

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #51  
I could have went that route myself but I needed something my wife could deal with. Heck, she don't even know how to start the tractors, let alone hook one up to a PTO genny. I asked her and her answer was an adamant no.
What happened to her? Thought she ran them better than you did and worked on them?

Yep, found it.
Gee, I'm 72 and a cancer survivor. I didn't 'lay in bed, I kept going though it was difficult at times, especially doing chemo and wearing a chemo pump while doing my chores. My wife runs all the equipment and helps with repairs as well. Being a female isn't a disadvantage far as I'm concerned. I used to run around shirtless, not any more. I look like a field dressed deer. but It hasn't stopped me. It has slowed me down a bit but that is it.

Laying in bed is the worst thing you can do with cancer. You need to keep on keeping on or it will kill you.

Something is blocking the fuel flow, probably debris in the fuel tank and the only way to remove it is either drain the fuel tank and clean it out or have a dealer do it if you feel you are not able to do it.

/ 6 days without electricity here so far..
What happened to her? Thought she ran them better than you did and worked on them?

Yep, found it.
She prefers not to if possible and I've installed battery disconnects on the tractors and she has no idea how to energize them. In fact, I just hired a hand to help me this year with haying. Paying him 15 bucks an hour to help out and I'll use him here as well around the farm. Getting too old for the heavy stuff. She don't 'work on' squat. That is my wheelhouse. Tough getting old and at 73, things I used to do and not even thought about have become much harder to to. Besides, I'm having health issues again, the old engine is getting tired.

females are as a rule, much more attentive to what is happening than males are. She's real good with ag stuff but prefers not to if possible.

Besides a 'hired hand' is a tax write off.

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #53  
I was without electricity for a couple hours short of 7 days in April 2011 when tornadoes ravaged the south. Fortunately that week after the tornadoes the weather was wonderful, low humidity (unusual) and about 70°F.

I got by with an EU2000 to power the TV and refrigerator.

Had to drive 20 miles to get gasoline. No nearby gas station had emergency power. They had utility power 20 miles away. Heck everybody had utility power before I did, the local TV stations were pronouncing, "Everybody is back on line!" and I was for 4 more hours.

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #54  
Had to drive 20 miles to get gasoline. No nearby gas station had emergency power. They had utility power 20 miles away. Heck everybody had utility power before I did, the local TV stations were pronouncing, "Everybody is back on line!" and I was for 4 more hours.
Ran into that maybe 35 years ago at my previous house. Several day long power outage, and of course the CS reps at the power company were overwhelmed. One night noticed that everyone else on my road had power except me. Flagged down a PSNH truck and told them I was still out. Turns out that there was 3 phase power running past my house (neighbor had had a sawmill at one time), and I was the only customer on one phase. They moved me to another line.

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #55  
We got slammed with an ice storm last Wednesday and the power is out (and still is). Glad we have the diesel powered standby genset to run the farm but lots of folks aren't that lucky. I've burned through about 100 gallons of di9esel so far, it's the longest single run I've had on this genset since I bought it 15 years ago.

No utility power and interestingly, none up town either and north of us, Ann Arbor is still basically in the4 dark.

My wife said looking at Farcebook (I don't) that a number of people with electric cars (ev's) are dead (literally) in the water, just another reason I'd never have one.

Hopefully, power is restored soon. Running on diesel is pretty expensive

On top of all that we just got an inch of rain, everything is flooded here.

I have 3 large trees that succumbed to the ice. A large maple and 2 oaks. Bee doing some serious chainsawing in the upcoming days.

Heating the house with biomass presently.
We got that about the same time last year in central Va. This year, it's more like spring.

Ran out of diesel in the Isuzu's belly tank. Had to run out twice to get diesel: once to fill and a 2nd time for backup.