6 days without electricity here so far..

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
We got slammed with an ice storm last Wednesday and the power is out (and still is). Glad we have the diesel powered standby genset to run the farm but lots of folks aren't that lucky. I've burned through about 100 gallons of di9esel so far, it's the longest single run I've had on this genset since I bought it 15 years ago.

No utility power and interestingly, none up town either and north of us, Ann Arbor is still basically in the4 dark.

My wife said looking at Farcebook (I don't) that a number of people with electric cars (ev's) are dead (literally) in the water, just another reason I'd never have one.

Hopefully, power is restored soon. Running on diesel is pretty expensive

On top of all that we just got an inch of rain, everything is flooded here.

I have 3 large trees that succumbed to the ice. A large maple and 2 oaks. Bee doing some serious chainsawing in the upcoming days.

Heating the house with biomass presently.

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #4  
My wife calls it camping... My neighbors with no power call it something else.
At least you are prepared for mother nature acting up. (y)

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #6  
We got slammed with an ice storm last Wednesday and the power is out (and still is). Glad we have the diesel powered standby genset to run the farm but lots of folks aren't that lucky. I've burned through about 100 gallons of di9esel so far, it's the longest single run I've had on this genset since I bought it 15 years ago.

No utility power and interestingly, none up town either and north of us, Ann Arbor is still basically in the4 dark.

My wife said looking at Farcebook (I don't) that a number of people with electric cars (ev's) are dead (literally) in the water, just another reason I'd never have one.

Hopefully, power is restored soon. Running on diesel is pretty expensive

On top of all that we just got an inch of rain, everything is flooded here.

I have 3 large trees that succumbed to the ice. A large maple and 2 oaks. Bee doing some serious chainsawing in the upcoming days.

Heating the house with biomass presently.
Are you out by Stockbridge ? My friend out that way just texted that she just heard the greatest sound: The shop air compressor just started up !

/ 6 days without electricity here so far..
Are you out by Stockbridge ? My friend out that way just texted that she just heard the greatest sound: The shop air compressor just started up !
North of Toledo about 15 miles or so. No power here. In fact DTE just messaged my wife and told her they not only are having substation issues but need to set a new pole down the road from us and they have no poles available (used them all up), plus they need to get a tree crew out to cut the offending tree before anything else can be done.

DTE quit trimming right of ways about 2 years ago as a 'cost cutting' measure. How stupid on their part. Now they get to pay for it.

No restoration estimate. Guess we will be going way past the 7 days we have been on standby. That Generac is working it's butt off.

/ 6 days without electricity here so far..
Just went out and checked the fluid levels in the standby and it was a quart low on oil. Working very hard with no end in sight. It has low oil shutdown as well as low coolant shutdown, don't want to get to that point if I can avoid it.

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #9  
Are you shutting it down and running it just part of the day?

/ 6 days without electricity here so far.. #10  
Been there and done that 12 days was my longest run, used up almost all of a 275 gallon tank of fuel.