4WD lever & indicator light.

/ 4WD lever & indicator light. #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I have gone through the manual for my new CK3510SE several time, but I cannot find anything on the operation of the 4WD lever or the 4WD indicator light on the dash.

Can 4WD be engaged on the go?

Will the 4WD indicator light come on when 4WD is engaged? Mine does not.

/ 4WD lever & indicator light. #2  
My CK35 Manual says to only shift into FWD when the tractor is stopped. My model has no FWD indicator light on dash so I stuck some mailbox numbers next to the lever so I know which wheels are engaged.
Congrats on the new tractor and what a beautiful building.

320DC0FE-AEAB-4098-BD50-9722B18CA1A3.jpeg

/ 4WD lever & indicator light.
Thank you for the reply. The mailbox numbers are a good idea. I will get those.
According to the decal on my tractor, my lever is the opposite of yours. 4WD is engaged when the lever is in the down position. I do like it that way, because I can be engaged 4WD with my foot.
There is a 4wd indicator light on my dash. It does light when the key is turned to the on position then goes off, It does not light when 4WD is engaged.

Attachments

• IMG_20190420_102212007.jpg
    IMG_20190420_102212007.jpg
    943.8 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_20190420_102220453.jpg
    IMG_20190420_102220453.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 561
Last edited:
   / 4WD lever & indicator light. #4  
Most 4wd’s are like shifting unsynchronized transmissions without a clutch, they can be shifted when stopped or when there’s no torque trying to be transferred at that sweet spot when coasting when your not trying to go or slow down and there’s no binding. Results may vary.

/ 4WD lever & indicator light. #5  
No dash light on my CK27. Just the lever below the drivers seat near the floor. I rarely take it out of 4WD. Always on stone roads or in the dirt. When I do go in and out of 4WD sometimes I will give the HST pedal a slight tap to get it to fall into place.

/ 4WD lever & indicator light. #6  
Someone mentioned a few months back that their CK park brake indicator on the dash was there but did not light up when the park brake was engaged. It sounds similar to your 4WD indicator. I have a theory. I bet the dash assembly has the function/brains built in but certain models are not wired up, maybe to reduce cost.

Does anyone have a 2 to 4 year old CK10 or DK10 series with an operational 4WD indicator? If so, what year, what model.

In a working setup there would be three items. A lever switch bolted to a bracket next to the 4WD handle, a wiring harness connector(s) close by to plug the lever switch into, and the brains in the dash assembly. If there is a connector and a welded bracket to bolt a switch to on your tractor, you may be able to add the "Option" yourself. Just order a replacement switch/connector assembly for an older machine and install it.

You certainly have me thinking since I do not see a 4WD indicator lit on my dash. I'll have to look under the seat to see if I have a connector assembly and bracket there. I am not near my tractor today.

Here is a related sample. I do have a working park brake indicator on my DK and here is what the switch looks like up under the console cover. (I took this months back for the brake discussion). It simply connects to two insulated connectors. The overexposed photo shows the park brake lever. Finally, there is a photo of the lever switch for when I decouple my left and right brake pedals. These lever switch setups are all similar.

Peter

IMG_20190125_101551.jpegIMG_20190125_101545.jpegIMG_20190125_101404.jpeg

/ 4WD lever & indicator light. #7  
On the KIOTI CK10 Tractors, the indicator lights are not hooked up for the 4WD or Parking break. The lights look impressive when the key is turned to 'ON", but there aren't switches on the levers to illuminate the lights. Only switch the 4WD when the tractor is at a stop, and for the clutched models, it is a good idea to depress the clutch to loosen the transmission while shifting.

Hope this helps,

Thank you for the replies. That information helps.

/ 4WD lever & indicator light. #9  
I'm still looking for the wiring diagrams for the ck3510, and when I verify that the wiring is there for 4wd and parking brake lights, I'm adding switches. Just a tease to have the dash lights and no switches to turn them on.

I'm still looking for the wiring diagrams for the ck3510, and when I verify that the wiring is there for 4wd and parking brake lights, I'm adding switches. Just a tease to have the dash lights and no switches to turn them on.

Keep us updated if you find something. I would like to have them functioning also.