4WD and loader work

/ 4WD and loader work #42  
I like Hay dude's response. Put it in 4wd when it needs to be and take it out when it doesn't. That is different for every single person on this thread.

I don't know what percentage mine is in 4wd, depends on the day and the job.

/ 4WD and loader work #43  
After 6,300 hours on my L2500DT I have learned to use 4WD when I need it. Get it out if I do not.
I have pulled the front differential to replace the little 3/4" or so splined coupling that connect the two halves of the front driveline. Not a repair I liked.

I have replaced the front tires many times mostly due to friction wear obviously. When I have a load in the bucket and the front tires are compressed and it is in 4WD, I have changed the front and rear rotation ration due to the diminished radius of the front tire, something must give. The only option is for one axle's tires to slip on the surface -or- break something as there is no clutch in the system to slip. (I do like the IH584 due to the clutch engagement of the 4WD but even so, I put it in and get it out ASAP)

I know this flies in the face of those who leave their tractors in 4WD all the time but I get it out immediately when there is no longer a need for 4WD. When others get to the 6300 hour mark on their 29 HP tractors I will be all ears to listen to how they use and care for their machines.

/ 4WD and loader work #44  
I suggest you get rid of that Kubota if you are doing any further loader work. The LX2610 is a “wannabe“ loader. Step it up to a Caterpillar 994 and quit wasting you time and worries with the 🍊 crate.

/ 4WD and loader work #45  
I suggest you get rid of that Kubota if you are doing any further loader work. The LX2610 is a “wannabe“ loader. Step it up to a Caterpillar 994 and quit wasting you time and worries with the 🍊 crate.
Gonna need a little bigger tractor shed.

/ 4WD and loader work #46  

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230513-221732.png
    Screenshot_20230513-221732.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
   / 4WD and loader work #47  
These two hardly ever get put in 4x4. Only in a very wet condition going straight. Then directly back into 2wd. And yes, they are worked a lot. Never any trouble.

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_155436.jpg
    IMG_20220805_155436.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20220721_165212.jpg
    IMG_20220721_165212.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
   / 4WD and loader work #48  
The real time y;ou don't want to be in 4X4 is on pavement. I only use use 4X4 when I need it.

willy

/ 4WD and loader work #49  
As long as you aren't on dry asphalt and tight turning constantly you'll be ok.

/ 4WD and loader work #50  
This is my first 4wd tractor. Thus far in a soft and fluffy field, tilling and general loader work, I’ve not needed 4wd. I use it, if I need it… which is/will be rare. It’s nice to have, but growing up, none of the old IH tractors on the farm had 4wd assist. The 4820 Branson is over 5000# already, with a large patch of tire on the ground. I can see the need for 4wd in the winter if I move some snow.