4820 vs 5520 (DPF)

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF) #21  
I my opinion the turbo failure rate is way over stated.
Sure is... I've never had a turbocharger failure in 40 years on big trucks or tractors.. So long as you idle the engine for a minute or 2 after using to let the hot side of the turbo cool down with cool oil, they never fail unless you run some metal through it from a ukered piston or a dropped valve and that will entail an engine rebuild anyway.

Don't get your panties in a bunch about turbocharger failure, not gonna happen and the turbo equals more power plus better fuel efficiency. I wouldn't ever consider buying any unit without a hairdryer on the motor.

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF) #22  
I am in the same boat as you. I may end up looking at the T574H because I mostly will be using it to move boat trailers around and the 3pt lever at the back would be extremely handy ! I also agree that at this dollar amount, the cost of the extra HP from the turbo motor is not really that big. I don't even need a 20 series tractor but I would rather over buy right now and never have to buy or upgrade again.
I built this 3pt. trailer mover for my T574. It is so nice to be able to
IMG_5245.JPG
IMG_5246.JPG
IMG_5247.JPG
move my trailers without having to get out of the tractor.

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF)
That is NICE ! Want to make another ? LOL

My dealer will sell me a T574 for $1000 more than the 5520. I may end up going that route !

Question for you guys with the 20 series tractors. I see most of you guys have the Industrial tires on them. I plan to use this thing a lot in my yard on the nice grass. I MIGHT order it with Turf Tires on it. How bad do the industrial tires tear up grass ?

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF) #24  
I don't have the 5520, but I do have the industrial tires. For me, I have virtually no lawn and lots of trees and lots of lifting. The R4 (industrial) ones are tougher to prevent punctures.

Edited to add...is the 20 series in stock? My guy had the 20 priced higher, but tried to entice me to buy it by offering the same price. I think it's about moving existing inventory.

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF)
The 20 is in stock. They have a few of them. The 574 being more money has me feeling like they are trying to move inventory. I might end up getting the 5820 that they have there if he makes the deal a little sweeter and it wont tear up the yard.

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF) #26  
Either way the tractor is heavy and powerful. That can damage a lawn regardless of tires (though I expect it would be less with R3 (turf).

I cannot remember hearing about anyone putting turf tires on something this size, but it has probably happened.

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF)
Either way the tractor is heavy and powerful. That can damage a lawn regardless of tires (though I expect it would be less with R3 (turf).

I cannot remember hearing about anyone putting turf tires on something this size, but it has probably happened.

I asked them about turf tires. They are shorter but twice as wide. He said they use a 20'' wheel in the back vs. the 24'' that comes with the AG tires.

turf tires :

front 29 x 12.5–15

rear 44 x18–20.

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF)
Found a pic of a 574 with Turfs:

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF)
Im going to stick with the industrial tires that come on it. Not a fan of how that looks with the turfs.

/ 4820 vs 5520 (DPF) #30  
Most buyers don't want turf tires on this kind of tractor. R4s won't tear things up like R1 ag bar tires do, but still provide reasonable traction.