4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one?

/ 4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one?
I noticed the longer warranty as well. While 3rd year is major parts only, that is one year longer for the 4500P. Though, it appears residential is 3 years either way but with all things, that may not include the engine. My luck is the part the breaks is somehow not covered.

The dealer i'm working doesn't push either 4500P or 4500Z any more than the other believes the 25% better fuel consumption specified for 4500P at 1.2 gal/hr, vs the 4500Z 1.5 gal/hr is on the conservative end. For less taxing work loads it could be as high as 40% better.

--Scott

/ 4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one? #12  
If you need warranty in two or three years it's probably only because it's junk. I think the Kubota engine is basically the Diesel block and to me, that would mean a lot. I could be completely wrong on that. I have eight or so Kubota Engines and just love them.

Agree, prefer to just buy quality, regardless of warranty or not.

No experience with a Kubota engine, but there is certainly a reason why they are preferred. Same with Kawasaki, they are quite prevalent in the mower market and good quality. Had a 17 HP Kawasaki v-twin on a zero turn and really liked it.

/ 4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one? #14  
Again, not an expert. I'm guessing that the Kawi is a more "Refined" engine, but that's not a reason, I personally would opt in favour of it. I kind of wish I had not gotten rid of that gas/kubota steiner.

Thanks for the input and feedback.

I ended up writing the check for the 4500P with the KAWASAKI FD851D engine this afternoon. 4500Z Kubota is only critical for heated cab and more electrical power hungry accessories since it has the larger 60 AM alternator. I'll never need it.

Should arrive in a week or two.

I added the 3 point hitch, suspension seat, dual front hydraulics and a horn (just for fun). I would have added the 12 volt for front but I had to stop somewhere and less likely to use it, only a few attachments need it and easy to add later on.

As far as warranty, every engine and attachment has a 2 year unlimited hour warranty. The 3 year for residential was eliminated early 2019.

--Scott

/ 4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one? #16  
   / 4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one? #17  
That's Funny. Yes, the fun of articulated machines. I have had that happen both blowing and mowing with my Steiner. Sometimes you can apply down pressure with the front implemant and walk yourself out of your predicament. Often, I have to get a loader, or just a lever style chain hoist and strap. Usually a pain, for lost production.

/ 4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one? #18  
I have a 4500z. I wanted as much engine power/torque as I could get. I saw a video that ventrac put out basically racing all the different models up a hill and the Z beat them all. I have some steep hills and I nearly run out of power on them so I am glad I went with the one I did.

/ 4500P vs 4500Z, any experience to help choose which one? #19  
You will be happy with the P. You would have been happy with the Z. The Z with programmed FI would be a DREAM.

Sure will. Really can't go wrong. Even the diesel, on spec sheet has the least torque and hp, but it's used all the time and no slouch.

My only hesitancy with the Kawasaki 4500P was the smaller alternator, but I'll never need it in reality. I'll never go propane and even if I was given a cab and hooked up all the extra lights and heat options requiring the larger alternator it would be too cumbersome to store for the 2-3 months in the winter I'd use it.

Now I'm on the hunt for attachments, used, new, rebuilt, whatever. Until then, it doesn't do me much good. My local dealer discounts aggressively, so in some cases new prices are within a few hundred dollars of used. Even a local fabricator builds new dozer blades and buckets that fit ventrac and steiner for less than some are asking for used. I was at a local auction that had some steiner attachments and the bucket I was interested in that went for $1150. I just don't get that, I can pick up a power bucket from the dealer brand new for $1200... excitement of the auction I guess.