4320 questions

/ 4320 questions #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
I have two questions about my 2013 4320 that I just purchased.

One there is a switch in the cab and I don't know what it is for, I have turned it off and on and not noticed anything.

4320 switch.jpg

The second is on the back of the tractor there is five pigtails hanging. Does anyone know what they are used for.

rear 4320.jpg

Thanks

Attachments

• 4320 switch.jpg
    4320 switch.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 128
   / 4320 questions #2  
The first switch is for the e-throttle. If you leave your tractor at idle with the switch on, the engine should rev when you press the forward or reverse pedals. It allows you to set a lower operating engine RPM and then adjusts the engine RPM based on the desired travel speed. Great for doing loader work, but not for using PTO implements.

The pigtails are for options. You can add additional hydraulic couplers on the rear that are electrically controlled as well as backup alarm and AG trailer connector.

For more information on these, you can check out the owners manual online at JD's website if you did not receive the hard copy with the tractor.

/ 4320 questions
Thanks

I was thinking it might be the auto throttle, I will try to make it work again. Reading I thought the 4520 and 4720 only had that option not the 4320?

I will look over the manual again to see about the pigtails.

/ 4320 questions #4  
The previous owner may have used the pigtails and just left them hanging. Try to find out what attachments the tractor was used for, and it may help id their application.

/ 4320 questions
I bought the machine used from a dealer with 182 hours on it with a 485 backhoe. When I got it home I took off the backhoe and installed the 3 point. Looking at the pto and 3 point parts I don't think they were ever used. They look brand new and the pto shaft is not even scuffed. So I don't think they were ever used for anything, but I could be wrong. As far as the dealer knows the backhoe had never been taken off.

I was going to see if one was for the creep function that you can get for the backhoe that would be great.

I don't think that option is available for the 4320.