425 Lackender Hoe-Again

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #11  
So Lackender built the female part of the quick attach themselves. Great! That works out well.

I use a program called Paint Shop Pro version7. I just decrease the size of the photo by 10% a few times until it is under 150K and post it as an attachment. However, most of my photos are under 100K right out of the camera, so I don't have to do anything. What photo editing software do you use?

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #12  
That thing looks awesome, let us know how it works.

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again
MR, I have Picture It Express and Corel Photo Paint. I guess I need to spend some time checking out their compression features. Thanks.

Attachments

• 54-158837-pthoe.jpg
    54-158837-pthoe.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 111
   / 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #14  
Those pictures are better than a thousand words. Thank you for sharing.
I think most of the PT owners and owners to be will be looking at the Baby Boomer.
PJ

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #15  
Now that's a good picture /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Makes me even more jealous /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

FYI,
The very first picture that you posted was small. It was 225 X 225 pixels and was only about 22K in size.

The last picture that you posted(the one that makes me even more jealous) was still only 475 x 480 pixels and about 65K in size, so you could go bigger and still get in under the 150k mark, although that last picture looked great, as is /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #16  
Eric,
That looks great. What is the length of the Baby Boomer from the attach plate to the bucket hinge pin? Does it lift up the front of the PT or drag it?

Scott

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #17  
Eric, very cool! I need one of those. I have some ditches to dig but haven’t figured out an easy way to do so with the PT. Did you simply call up Lackender and say you wanted to put that hoe on a PT, and they fabricated everything so it would work?

Also, I think I read somewhere that PT tried this idea but decided not to build it because they felt it pulled the tractor around too much and didn’t dig all that well (or something like that). I’m curious to learn how well it works (Maybe PT just wanted to sell a 24xx instead /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif). Thanks for sharing.

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #18  
Very cool, dude! I'd be very curious if when digging, it lifts the back end of the machine. (Of course, I guess that depends on exactly what digging technique you use...) Post and let us know how it works!

Dave

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again
So many questions! It'll take some time before I can intelligently answer them. Here's the story so far:

I called Lackender Fabrications and asked about a hoe to fit the 425; they wanted to try one out on the PT 400's also, so this is the prototype. No, they didn't give it to me; I bought it.

First off, this is a well built piece of equipment; built just like PT's, with heavy steel and good welds. It's currently set up with a 12" bucket with teeth, and a 3" curl cylinder. If you take a big bite, it can either lift the rear end or drag the 425; no outriggers and very little weight. The 3" cylinder moves slow; but that may be a blessing with a light little machine like the 425. A different size bucket or cylinder may work better; time and use will tell.

I think the one thing we all have to remember is, that this is a lightweight utility tractor. It's not a fire breathing, earth mover, that we can coax into doing things it wasn't designed to do. I think this "lil' digger" will be an additional tool, in my arsenal of implements, that will allow me to do the small jobs around my property.

I'll keep everyone posted, on my impressions, as I get some hours on the Baby Boomer. My ability to operate this hoe is certainlly a limiting factor at the moment. I can walk and chew gum at the same time;but I'm not sure if I can walk, chew gum, skip rope and juggle, all at once. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Scott, 45" from plate to center of hinge pin.