425 Lackender Hoe-Again

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #1  

Carpenter

Silver Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L39 TLB
I just got a Modified Lackender "Baby Boomer" to fit my 425. Hopefully the pics will show up this time.

Attachments

• 54-158607-ptlackender1.jpg
    54-158607-ptlackender1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 167
   / 425 Lackender Hoe-Again
Here's another view. I haven't gotten to use it much yet; just dug out some shrubs for my daughter. I'll let you know how it works out.

Attachments

• 54-158610-ptlackender2.jpg
    54-158610-ptlackender2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 161
   / 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #3  
Eric:
Glad to see it arrived and mounts up. Now you'll have to invent some reasons to dig holes. I still haven't used mine very much, but when I have, it has done fine. I wouldn't have bought it just for such mundane jobs as stirring a couple of horse manure compost piles, but it certainly makes that job easy.
Did you get the thumb?

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #4  
Way too cool!

Now go out and dig us a hole as deep as you can. Measure it, time it and tell us the soil conditions, moisture content, etc... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

(I'm jealous) /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #5  
That looks cool. Can I ask what kind of price we are looking at?

Did they just weld the quick attach plate on or was there some hydralic stuff that needed to be modified as well?

Charlie, I didn't get the thumb, but I probably should have. What have you done about your curl control? I made a temporary extension handle for the "quick attach" lever; it makes it a lot handier, but I think the best place would be on the left side.

I quess I can't use my bad back as an excuse, not to plant those trees my wife wants, now. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Chris, The price is $995 with 12" bucket with teeth, curl cylinder and hoses. All you have to add are the quick couplers for the hydraulics. The quick attach plate is fabricated on the hoe. The hoses attach to the auxillary hydraulics(quick attach).

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #8  
So did that price include the female quick attach plate, or did you have to order it from Power Trac and have it sent to Lackender?

And did you get the hydraulic couplers from Power Trac as well and, if I may ask, how much were they?

Thanks.

/ 425 Lackender Hoe-Again #9  
<font color=red>What have you done about your curl control?</font color=red>

So far, I've done nothing at all about the curl control. As I've practiced a little with the 4 n 1 bucket and the hoe, I've found I can do most things I've tried, although none well. The problem hasn't been the controls, but my inexperience with the way the tools work best.
My plan is to plumb an electrically activated diverter valve into the PT's curl circuit, with a button on the joystick. That way, when I push the joystick to the side, it will curl the dipper (PT curl) but when the button is pressed it will curl the hoe. The system has been used successfully for 4 n 1 buckets on standard tractors, so should work fine. Leaving it as is, however, isn't as bad as I initially thought, so other projects and grass mowing have taken precedence.

MR, The female "quick attach" plate was fabricated as part of the hoe; the large square plate that the boom attaches to is the back, with pieces welded on to form top, sides and bottom.
The couplers would be the only thing extra to buy; I'm not sure what they cost since I robbed the ones off my snow plow for now. I think ,however, they are under $10 each.

BTW, What's the best way to compress a pic to post here. I posted larger pics before, but can't remember how I did it. I must be getting old; I have a great memory, it's just short!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif