35 Ferguson problem

/ 35 Ferguson problem #1  

Big H

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35
I have a 35 ferguson that the hydraulics quit working so I replaced the pump. Now when I start the tractor the lift arms go all the way up no matter the postion of the lift lever. The arms will only come down when the tractor is turned off then they just drop quickly. Any idea what's happening ?

/ 35 Ferguson problem #2  
I'll see if I can get some others to tune in. This is a real shot in the dark, but here goes. Broken spool or leaking past real bad and the base in of the cyl over riding the rod end. Now is all you done was to R & R the pump and nothing else?

/ 35 Ferguson problem #3  
Is the draft control lever (lever closest to fender) all the way in either direction?

/ 35 Ferguson problem
One of the people I took it to did hone out the lift cylinder and replace the piston since a ring was stuck. Iv'e tried the draft control in all postions and it doesn't make any difference. I pulled the inspection cover off and the lift lever doesn't move anything inside, like it's not working at all. Thanks for the help so far.

/ 35 Ferguson problem #5  
"I pulled the inspection cover off and the lift lever doesn't move anything inside, like it's not working at all"

What cover??

/ 35 Ferguson problem
Where the dipstick is.

/ 35 Ferguson problem #7  
Listen to what she says about the levers and rollers. If they are replaced incorrectly the new pump won’t work.

hope this helps :)
*notice she says the relief valve is not commonly replaced on a rebuild, but she always replaces it anyway. ;)

Last edited:
   / 35 Ferguson problem #8  
How I see what covers I think that girl has you covered on the whole system!!!!

/ 35 Ferguson problem #9  
I asked what covers and see now what was being talked about. I way off base from the post I put on earlier.