345 D Ford stalling

/ 345 D Ford stalling #1  

Herbertneedshelp

Tractor
Ford 345D
My ford 345 D stalled the other day, so I checked the air filter and then changed the fuel filter and cleaned out the water separator. Bled the filter, then the fuel injector pump, then had my brother start it and give it full throttle while I had all 3 injector lines cracked open. Once I saw no more air bubbles and all 3 lines spitting fuel I would tighten the injector lines closed and it would roar to life.. then within and minute it would Peter out, slowly running rougher til it stalls. Any ideas tractor family??

/ 345 D Ford stalling #2  
Welcome to TBN. You may have a clogged fuel valve. You can blow compressed air back through the line from the filter and see if this fixes it.
If so, the strainer on the fuel valve in the tank is missing and allowing gunk into the valve opening.

/ 345 D Ford stalling #3  
careful blowing air backwards up the fuel line, real easy to blow the strainer out of the top of the cutoff valve in the bottom of the tank. If it were mine, I'd drain the tank, undo the fuel line and unscrew the valve out of the bottom of the yank. I'm betting you'll find a bunch of trash stopping everything up
Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 7.29.22 PM.png

/ 345 D Ford stalling #5  
wasn't even thinking about that!

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 8.48.05 PM.png

/ 345 D Ford stalling #6  
careful blowing air backwards up the fuel line, real easy to blow the strainer out of the top of the cutoff valve in the bottom of the tank. If it were mine, I'd drain the tank, undo the fuel line and unscrew the valve out of the bottom of the yank. I'm betting you'll find a bunch of trash stopping everything up
View attachment 792897

I'm thinking that the filter already fell off in the tank and the trash/gunk is already in the valve opening. Regardless, the tank will need to be drained to repair filter and clean the tank.
This is just a diagnostic procedure and I agree, 5-10 psi air pressure would be adequate.

/ 345 D Ford stalling #7  
That illustration says don’t put an oring on top of the Napa/Wix filter.. but it doesn’t say to put it UP IN THE GROOVE in the filter head.. it’s a smidge mis-leading..
U DO use an oring, it’s placed up in the f head..
Be SURE to check that shut off tap filter screen.!!
Good luck..

/ 345 D Ford stalling
Wow guys I don’t know what I’d do without you guys, I’ll let you all know how I make out tomorrow. I’m gonna check to make sure the o ring isn’t blocking fuel and if that isn’t the problem I’ll drain the tank. I bet it’s clogged

/ 345 D Ford stalling
One thing to check and move on from..
MAKE SURE the TOP ORING on the fuel filter went UP IN the filter head and NOT ON the filter.!!
It was the o ring on the fuel filter!! It was blocking fuel flow, so simple and so crazy. It is a Napa filter. After I bled everything, fired right up. I ended up having to make a key, that was nuts. I can’t find the right key online but made one easy enough! Lol thanks again everyone, love tractor by net